Looking for a TV

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
I purchased a samsung u6400 65" from B&H photo on black friday to take advantage of the sale. Unfortunately it came with a defective screen and they are out. I have an RMA but I can only get a refund.

Right now nothing is on sale but I still would like a TV. Is there anything I should be looking at in the samsung line up? When it was setup, the screen was pretty big for the living room. I wouldn't mind a 55-60 inch instead. Should I be looking for a 4k TV instead? I would like a samsung only because my wife needs a smart tv with native dramafever app. This is a samsung exclusive. The new models with a quad core processor are also a plus.

Kinda in the same boat as you. Went ahead and bit the bullet and bought the 55 inch 6840. Have not plugged it in yet. Missed the $888 price, got it at Wal-Mart for $999.

I'm kinda bummed I missed out on $400 bucks off. Let me know how that works out. I was shying away from a 60hz TV.

Consider a plasma?
http://www.costco.com/Samsung-60"-C...0BFXZA.product.100110098.html?catalogId=10701

This is the B version, not the A version that Sears and Best Buy carry. B is the 2014 model, A is 2013. B is supposedly the better display.

4k right now is a little funny since the spec isn't ironed out yet. All but a couple receivers support 4K HDCP. So in a year or two you will nee to upgrade. IMO I would just wait till they are better supported.

I'm considering the Costco plasma myself. I got a $400 Wal-Mart special 4k but I do not like the viewing angles and plasma just looks better. Hopefully the glare on the plasma doesn't kill it for me.

I got a LG 3D smart TV. I pretty like the 3D part but not the "smart" part, mainly because I can either use chromecast or android tv to do the "smart" things. Get a non-smart one (assuming they are cheaper).

Back