looking for a TINY lcd

tekcajder

Limp Gawd
does anyone know where i could find a tiny lcd screen?

i don't know if they make them 1" x 1" ... but there's a way
to manage a larger one to fit what i need it to do.

its a stupid question i know, but i haven't started building yet
and i figure i might as well ask the idiotic things now and get
them out of the way.

cheers - tek.

what kinda lcd (color, text, svideo, touch)? i know they have 2" lcd's on ebay and on these ps2 controllers that u can get for real cheap. and those are full color lcd's

its too bad cell phone screens are so hard to work with.

is it hard to make a self contained system? like an lcd showing a sequence of images? like a gif? but aside from the power, is completely free of the main system?

hey, just wondering, is the 2 inches the diagonal measurement?

(on the lcd from my post above)

sony makes a 1 x1 lcd with a controller someone posted it a long time ago good luck

Originally posted by blindviper
sony makes a 1 x1 lcd with a controller someone posted it a long time ago good luck

!thats great to hear, i'll check it out!

edit: if anyone remembers it and could point me in the right direction .. that'd be a great help too ... thanks :)

Originally posted by CoRPS
Well, the link you showed us, that LCD Screen was priced at $129.00

yea? i'm looking for small lcd monitors ... finding if what im looking for even exists is the first step. just because i posted the link don't assume that i'm going to buy it.

Originally posted by DiseasedCow
I have the perfect solution for you. The xbox hip screen pad ( I found it for only $20 at compusa) is a xbox controller with a built in lcd about 2"x2". Its VERY good quality and I am modding one into my computer currently.

linkage: here

anyone know if this deal is still going on at any stores??

i missed this when they were first sold for 20 bucks...

does anyone have one that they want to sell??

^^^, btw those are also made for ps2 and gamecube, they use a 12V AC adapter, I think they support 800x600 and u can connect them through standard composite connectors.

anyone know if this deal is still going on at any stores??

I bought four of them, but need them all.

The deal was going on about six weeks ago only at compusa, I dont know if it is still going on. Im suprised they were only $20!, they even have nice built in speakers.

Originally posted by DiseasedCow
I have the perfect solution for you. The xbox hip screen pad ( I found it for only $20 at compusa) is a xbox controller with a built in lcd about 2"x2". Its VERY good quality and I am modding one into my computer currently.

linkage: here

awsome! good find dude!

I sent the company an email and they wouldnt tell me, all they would say was that it is a "high resolution LCD". I can read text files on it (from my comp) when im at 600x480 just fine. Its really a nice LCD IMO.

I am yet to open it up and see what the actual specs are, model #, etc...

Back