Looking for a specific sff

camay123

[H]ard|Gawd
I tought I ask here to simplify my research.

I Want to transfer my to a SFF case.
I have a P4 2.4C cpu, so a P4 intel 865 base mobo is needed.

I want the case to have two 5.25 drives with no door. (ONe for DVD-R the other for an LCD)
Either black or Silver.

So far I have found just the Qbic with 2x 5.25 drives, but the door on the case makes useless to have an LCD.

All the Shuttle I have seen only have one 5.25 drives.

Any suggestions ?

The Qbic is pretty much your only choice as no Shuttle models offer dual Optical bays for reasons being that people are getting SFF to move AWAY from needing uneccasary equipment such as dual CD drivers.

Do you absolutely have to have the LCD?

IceWind said:
The Qbic is pretty much your only choice as no Shuttle models offer dual Optical bays for reasons being that people are getting SFF to move AWAY from needing uneccasary equipment such as dual CD drivers.

Do you absolutely have to have the LCD?

Not absolutly, but having it, it could be usefull and good looking.

i dont know if they exist, but maybe look for a lcd that will fit into a 3.5" bay?

A 3.5inch LCD would be very limited.

Something Like 1x16 characters. Never seen, and probably would not buy.

I think your gonna have to ditch the LCD idea but without seroiusly moddifying the case to have one. I"ve seen people do it with shuttles, but it ain't easy, as cool as it looks.

I think Digiprojex handles the export of those. I know he hangs around on the SFFTech forums under the same name. Email him and he'll take care of it I believe. I would own this case myself if it would take an ATX PSU, but, alas, the search continues.

you could buy a shuttle and put the lcd in the 5.25 bay and use an external enclosure for the optical drive

vapb400 said:
you could buy a shuttle and put the lcd in the 5.25 bay and use an external enclosure for the optical drive

Hey. Thats Ill end up doing. My tought process was to put the LCD in a modded external enclosure but I then realise I could do it the way you said.

Great thinking.

Back