• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Looking for a specific 24'' lcd

peper

n00b
Joined
Sep 23, 2009
Messages
16
Hello,

I'm looking for a lcd with following characteristics:
- 1920x1200
- mat (not glossy!) TN matrix (TN to meet my budget)
- small input lag and good responsiveness (for occasional gamer)
- suitable for office use
- height and tilt adjustment
- not too bad for movies is a plus

For example samsung 245b seems to be meeting these requirements, but it's one of the oldest out there and I am not sure about it... On the other hand samsung t240 doesn't because it looks more a like a tv to me (no height adjustment for one).

Any recommendations?

P.S. I have seen many reviews, but can't find a real one for NEC MultiSync EA241WM (real one meaning like the ones on www.prad.de).
 
How much can you spend?
Check the first weblink of my signature :)
 
<=$500 I think, given that i am not really paying in $ and displays are a bit more expensive here. Any TN should be in my price range and it should be fine for my needs too.

Thanks for the link!
 
for 500 you can get better than TN
you can get the 2408wfp for under 500 right now and the u2410 was just under 500 a bit ago.
 
My thread parallels yours in many ways. You might want to check it out to fill in some of your questions... like how the G2400W and WD differ (the D stands for overdrive to get the killer response time).
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1450532

I am trying to find reviews (with input lag times tested) on the Benq G2410HD and G2412HD as well as the Samsung P2370/2570.

The Benq line is hard to follow... they change models so often... and they really do differ. The challenge with many of the most desired BenQ models is that they dont sell for long, and then they get hard to find or their price gets jacked up (E2400HD is great... pretty much the last version of the G2400WD, but good luck finding it). The G2411 had a notable input lag, so Im not holding my breath on the 2412/2410. So at this point, Im thinking the Asus VW246h is the best lookin' of the bunch (I prioritize input response though), pending a P2370 review. Considering the price of the Asus though... its almost not even worth trying to research any more... if Im not 100% satisfied, the 120hz ones should be out soon, or whatever... and I only spent a little over $200, so who cares... you know?
 
The problem with the 2400WD and WT is that you cant really find them for sale anywhere. Most 16x10 monitors are going adios. Might I suggest finding a Samsung 2493HM? E2400HD's are either discontinued or expensive (best price I could find was Office Depot for $364.95). The G2400WD's are older than that even ($444.98 at Global Micro). You can find this info repeated in that other thread of mine.

The G2400WT caught my eye based on its great input lag times, but the overdrive used to achieve those times seems to undermine the quality a good deal with a visible corona effect. It also has some serious interpolation problems that any well built monitor just shouldnt have. Therefore I took it off my list. I think it might be an EU only model as well. Thats the problem with BenQ... too many models, constantly changing faster than a pornstar at a gangbang, most models are country specific.

I too was looking for 1900x1200... but if everything is going to 16x9, I dont think its that big of a deal. So I lose 120 lines top to bottom... whoop whoop... its still HD. Not to mention, an aspect ratio that favors the horizontal viewing field might be more useful in games.

Beyond BenQ... you have Asus, Acer, Samsung, NEC, Viewsonic, Dell, HP. Of those, only a few have good input lag times as far as Im concerned... the Asus, some Samsungs, and thats about it. And of those, neither has a current 16x10 monitor out. You could get an older one though... Im sure the 2493hm is available in many places since it was a commonly stocked Sammy after all.

edit: looks like you can score the G2400WD on buy.com for about $330.
 
Last edited:
Oh, I forgot... many companies that are changing to the 1900x1080 format in the 24" monitors are making their 25.5/26" monitors in the 1900x1200 format... same screen for both, just cut off the bottom inch on the 24" screens. So you might want to check out the Asus VW266h because it is pretty much the 1900x1200 version of the vw246h.
 
There are actually many older models available here, but I'm not too fond of buying a model that's not manufactured any more. 2493hm is not one of them and it didn't get the best review at prad anyway. 25.5/26" seems a bit too much for me.
 
This one doesn't really meet my needs.

Are there any new models coming that could meet them?
 
Acer B243WCbmzdr
HP L2445w
SAMSUNG 2443BWT
NEC Display Solutions EA241WM-BK

The height and tilt adjust require more expensive adjustable arms. Without that requirement (or if you were willing to buy your own, later) you could find a cheaper model - although all of the above are < 450.
 
I can't really find any reviews of these specific models.

I can get:
- NEC MultiSync EA241WM - what's the difference from the -BK one?
- Samsung SM2443BW, SM2443NW and SM2443FW - what's the difference among them and from BWT?
- HP L2445w

Which one would you especially recommend knowing my needs?
 
Hi there,

I have actually been on the look out for a similar monitor that you are looking for.

I have bought one but returned it. A Samsung 24inch. My experience was bad. The monitor buzzed if the brightness was below 100%. This would be ok for gaming or movies as you wouldnt hear, but if you are using it in a quite room and need to concentrate it will drive you mad. From what I am reading a lot of monitors suffer from this and it is particularly bad in Samsung. I would advise you stay away.

I was looking at the HP LP2475W for a while but I think I dont think I need to pay this much and feel the wide colour gamut might not be good for office use. A lot of people are complaining about text. Plus colours will be off with many apps.

So I'm still looking too....
 
I don't need anything better than TN so wasn't considering LP2475W but his TN brother LP2445W.

Anyone with an opinion on:
- NEC MultiSync EA241WM - what's the difference from the -BK one?
- Samsung SM2443BW, SM2443NW and SM2443FW - what's the difference among them and from BWT?
- HP L2445w
 
As I said earlier, I'm not from USA and displays that cost $500 in USA are much more expensive here. For example, U2410 is $700.
 
I too was looking at the HP L2445w.

There is no information or reviews on this monitor around unfortunately.
 
You could try and get a Dell U2410 IPS 24 inch monitor. They have gotten down to $489 if you have a coupon and the right deal..
 
For me it's not about the cost of the Dell U2410 or the HP LP2475W both approx £500 in the UK it's the wide Gamut issue which I don't need or want and certainly comes with issues.

Have you read any of the post about either of these monitors? They are not very encouraging to say the least!

Yes, you can have problems with any monitor, but with the Dell & HP they seem to be guaranteed...

I really wish it was otherwise.
 
Still noone with opinion on:
- Samsung SM2443BW, SM2443NW and SM2443FW - what's the difference among them and from BWT?
 
I can tell you what to stay away from, the Gateway HD2400's and HD2200's, or commonly known as Samsung panels.

The 1st HD2400 I received had dead pixels, RMA was a refurb. The 2nd refurb they sent also had dead pixles, finally my 3rd panel was normal.

My GatewayHD2200 died after 1 year of use. For those reasons, I will never buy a Samsung LCD again.

I am now looking pretty closely at the ASUS VW246H to replace my 22'', I like the 2ms response time and price.
 
Back
Top