• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a sound card

jtvd78

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
303
So I am looking for a sound card for my gaming rig. It will be mostly used for Games, Videos, music, and movies. I heard that the X-fi chip was Great for gaming, because of EAX, but I also people say that creative is not a really good company. So I searched on the internet for x-fi, and I found a company called Auzentech. Are they a respectable company, because I haven't heard of them before.

So, I guess my questions are:

Is Auzentech a good company?
If not, What are some recommendations.
 
auzentech is pretty good personally id go with the Asus Xonar line but if you want good customer service u might want to buy an HT OMEGA sound card cuz theyr well known for their customer service
 
Budget?

And yes Auzentech is a good company.

Honestly I don't find X-Fi to be all that important for gaming anymore.

I use my motherboards Spidf out to a DAC/Headphone Amp with Sennheiser HD-595's and Swan D1080MKII

I have been pretty happy with this setup so far but will probably be upgrading to some better cans in the future.
 
EAX is mostly a non-factor nowadays. What are you looking to drive with the card - headphones, 2.1, a receiver powering 5.1? That makes a difference in the recommendation.
 
Budget? about 300 if needed, but we don't have no go that high.

I will be using this for my speakers ( surround sound), though I might bey some headphones and an amp later.
I am pretty much looking for quality. I don't plan on replacing this for a while.
 
So some people are recommending teh Asus Xonar , but some are recommending the HT OMEGA, which is better?
 
id go with the HT omega... it has a built in head phone amp and a pretty darn good one at that considering its a sound card and a headphone amp in one

oh and i think it only drives headphones that are 8 ohms at best dont expect it to drove some 32 ohm headphones... despite its lack of power it still delivers great sound quality
 
All 3 companies make great cards with built-in headphone amps. I'm surprised that the Xonar ST (PCI) or STX (PCI-E) weren't recommended. The regular Xonar cards are good, but the ST/STX are raved about.

Cards to consider:

AuzenTech Forte & Bravura
HT Omega Claro series
Xonar ST & STX
 
Back
Top