Looking for a Socket A SFF kit

Damar

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
4,614
I have a spare AMD 2800+ XP CPU lying around here gathering dust, and was thinking it would be a nice heart for a SFF system.

I looked through the list of "recommended kits" in this forum and I didn't see anything even mentioned about Socket A ones.

Am I pretty much out of luck or is there still one out there thats worth the money?
 
It's getting harder to find good mATX socket A boards, I've been looking all over... Locally the "mom & pops" shops want you to drop you pants and bend over a barrel for second rate crap you can get online for under $40...
 
I've been looking for one myself. I'm thinking of picking up an Antec Aria (have to check to see if the Thermaltake HSF on my 2600+ will fit), but cannot find a mATX Socket A board with 400fsb, and SATA. I'll definitely chime in if I find something.
 
Have a look at the motherboard/cpu/vga combos at the egg...

Personally, I'd go with a nforce solution, biostar still has one out, or a SiS like the asrock 741 or similar...
 
Checked EBay for it with no hits, not a good sign. :(
 
Shuttle's ebay store has some SK43G's for 139.00 plus shipping. They are socket A but I'm not sure of there performance. They are what shuttle calls re-certified. I have been thinking about getting one for my kids.
 
Back
Top