• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Looking for a small case...

TFR

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
134
I'm looking for a microATX case that can accomodate a standard ATX PSU. My options at this point are this: http://www.directron.com/a301bg.html
and this:
http://www.directron.com/superlanboy.html

I'm not crazy about the usb area of the first case, though it's cheap. And I'm not a fan of the Super Lanboy--I don't care for the case door and I think the front is too plasticky. 120mm fans front and rear are great features though...

Any other suggestions?
 
True, the Super Lanboy is not a micro ATX case, but it's probably the largest case that I'll consider. I have a Swiftech water-cooling kit laying around and would love to install that--that's why I considered the Antec. But my main issue right now is that my current case only accepts a mATX PSU. I have an Enermax 430W that I want to use instead but it won't fit. The Biostar U8668G is definately a micro ATX mobo.
 
I don't think one exist, maybe get a Sonata case since it comes with a 380 PSU?
 
The Antec Aria has a proprietary Antec 300w PS, room for a optical drive and three hard drives as well as a 120mm fan and support for matx boards. There are a few reviews online and most of the major retailers are taking preorders for them... around $100.

-esr
 
Thanks for the ideas! Acrylic cases were definately on my list. For a while, it was a toss up between the aforementioned cube case and this:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/clear2/images/briefcase/briefcase_composite.jpg

However, I really wanted a colored or smoked acrylic case. What's the best way to paint on acrylic?

The Antec Aria is pretty awesome, but my swiftec HSF won't fit--and forget about my water-cooling setup...

Perhaps I'll get the first case I mentioned and mod it so it'll look better. Again, thanks for the ideas :)
 
Thanks for the link! I guess I know what I'll be doing with at least half my summer :p That is one awesome case mod!
 
Back
Top