Looking for a sleek case; no lighting, no windows- professional.

I3eyond

Gawd
I enjoyed my Antec P180B.

Currently have a HAF922.

I enjoy the functionality and ease of install on the HAF922, as well as the cooling.

What is a case similar to the sleekness of the P180B and the ease of install/functionality on the HAF922?

Best,
-I3

Some of the new Thermaltake cases look nice - and the suppressor cases have a very nice but Spartan exterior and do a good job of cutting down the noise.

Same with some of the Fractal Design and Corsair cases.

You really didn't give any parameters like budget, size, features, etc.

I would second the Fractal Black Pearl R4. I had one for my 2nd storage server till I needed more bays and I really liked it. Never had a problem so don't know how Fractal's support is. The case is all sleek blackness with some foam for sound dampening. Room for 8 drives but you can actually remove 5 of the bays if you want room for big GPUs or anything else. It only came with like a couple of fans but there are spots for many more fans. I live where its hot so I ended up maxing out the fan mounting points and it was not so quiet but cool enough to run without air conditioning 24/7. My memory was it was really easy to build on with good space behind the motherboard and cable routing. My main complaint, and that is only in a modern context now with 200mm+ fans for quieter operation, is that the R4 fan mounting options were for smaller fans.

Coming from two P180Bs, I ended up slimming down a tad into a Lian-Li A05FNB... I lose some HDD slots, but stuck an icydock 5.25" disk sled that now holds 6 2.5" SSDs in my box. I still have one internal 2TB HDD for backing up critical data that resides on the SSDs on a nightly basis.

I have liked the fractal cases, but I just couldn't do anything that large again... I tried to even go MicroATX for this build, but still needed more PCI-e slots than those offered.

Back