Looking for a recommendation for a 92MM fan or replacement cooler

iroc409

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm really tired of listening to my server, and need to quiet it down. My firewall and server both have two 120MM Enermax Enlobal fans and an Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU, and the firewall is practically silent. I actually run the firewall CPU cooler fanless (a Zalman heatpipe cooler). I'm sure the 4 extra HDDs in the server don't help, but the fans are awful.

The only difference in fans is the chipset & CPU cooler in the server. I am pretty sure the cooler is a Xigmatek, but a 92MM instead of 120. So, I either need a good fan for the CPU HSF, or to replace it completely.

I think the HSF in my desktop is a Xigmatek 120MM, so I guess one option would be to upgrade my desktop's HSF and swap that cooler over. I don't know that I could run the CPU HSF on the server without a fan like I do on the firewall.

Any recommendations for a silent 92MM fan?

I have some aluminum heat sinks laying around I might replace the chipset cooler with, as well. But I'll try the CPU first.

second for noctua, they are very quiet and you can barely hear it over the noise of hard drives.

OK, I will try out a Noctua. Maybe I should get a couple of their case fans. I noticed my drive pool running pretty warm to the touch, I am not sure if that front fan is doing a good enough job.

I really just need to run Ethernet throughout the house and get my server in the basement.

Back