• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Looking for a quiet Power Supply

chowhongl

n00b
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
5
I am building a PC with the following spec and can't decide on what PSU to use :\

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
EVGA 680i SLI ATX
G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 800 SDRAM
BFG Tech 8800GTX 768MB
3~4x Hard Drive
2x Optical Drive
SilverStone TJ09-BW Case

I don't have plans to do SLI right now but there is a chance in the future.

I was thinking about getting a Thermaltake Toughpower W0132RU 1000W PSU but a couple of friends are telling me the Thermaltake W0116RU 750W or the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W would be enough for me.

Any suggestions or other recommandations?
 
They're both fine.

The TT 750 is at outpost/fry's for $129 after mir.
 
If you can go with a bit less wattage, I would recommend the OCZ GameXStream 700W. It is $110 after rebate on Newegg, and is cooled with a large fan. Very quiet indeed.
 
O.O I just looked up the TT750 at fry's and found out it's only $109 with a $50 rebate lol.

Thanks for the help guys!!
 
Back
Top