Looking for a POS system

aaronearles

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all,

I am looking for some advice from someone with experience with POS systems, or someone who works@/owns a computer service/consulting business that uses a POS system tailored to that type of company.

I am the manager of a small computer company, we currently keep track of in-house systems, and all of our customers, basically through MS Office, and I hate it.

We have Service Requests Forms that we have to manually open a share on our server, and open+edit+save+print a word document. We also keep track of all of the SRs on a multi-worksheet excel document, separated by type of customer, such as in-house service, business call, sale, etc... It's a mess, we lose documents, we forget to update/save them, it takes forever, there is a digital and paper copy of everything, and yet the digital copy is basically useless because the admins never type everything up so you have to go to the paper copy anyway, and customers almost ALWAYS get a receipt (just a copy of their service form, 8.5x11) with handwriting on it, it's not professional by any means.

I want something, all digital, with the ability to print professional receipts - probably with a service description, where we check a computer in directly into our system, print a ticket, and it's automatically inserted into a list of computers for us to work on in order of date/time in. Also bar code stickers would be nice, to keep track of service history on a returning computer.

Hopefully there is a system like this out there, it's so hard to search for something like this, so I hope someone here has an idea of what I want.

Back