• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a portable wifi device

andru

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
176
I'm thinking about getting a portable wifi device for email, light web browsing, and maybe voip. I already have a laptop, but I want something more convinient I can just pull out of my pocket and flick on.

I've considered a blackberry, but the monthly fees are a killer... If possible, I'd like to spend around $200, but its not set in stone.

So far the only one Im aware of is the Mylo. Does anyone have any suggestions for a device that might suit my needs?
 
Really? I have an NDS, but I've heard that its exceptionally slow browsing.

There was a youtube video around for awhile with the japanese version of it, and it looked pretty bad... but maybe its been fixed.
 
i picked up a blackberry pearl for 100 bucks and it has a 100 dollar rebate that i just sent off. Then the plan i have with t mobile is 59.99 for unlimited blackberry access and 1000 minutes. no wifi but it the browsing is pretty quick. im in the same boa if i need to do serious browsing i just use my laptop.
 
How about getting a traditional handheld PDA? I've had good experience with Palm's TX, and Hewlett-Packard's iPAQ rx1955 . Both have WiFi, and you may really get to like all the other goodies that are included.
 
Back
Top