Looking for a palm mouse

rampantandroid

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

Between my Sidewinder X8 having a bad switch that sticks, and my Razer Mamba dying after 2 months of use...I'm looking for a new mouse.

• I love the feel of the Sidewinder and larger mice - I palm mice. I do not like the claw grip of smaller mice.
  • Wireless with the ability to charge and use at the same time would be nice
  • Good battery life is a must if wireless. The Mamba's battery life was just sad when put next to my Sidewinder. My sidewinder goes a week....the mamba went at best 2 days.
  • I like the vertical back/forward buttons on the sidewinder, if at all possible.
  • This is for gaming, so high DPI and as little lag (and as little auto shutoff) as possible is preferred.
  • The Mamba was just a little too small for my hand

With that in mind, what would you guys recommend? The G700? The Logitech MX?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've read a small army of horror stories about the Mamba . Too many to count actually . Personally , I've had my Mamba for almost 1 1/2 years , & haven't had any trouble . Maybe I'm lucky .

That being said , I have one of these : http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/

A tad bigger than the Mamba , but still feels great ! A review : http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/roccat_kone_review,1.html

I've heard good things about this mouse : http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=naos5000

A review : http://www.guru3d.com/article/mionix-naos-5000-mouse-review/1

The Roccat looks promising - what about wireless mice?

How big is the Mionix? Is there a site to compare profiles of mice?

As for the Mamba...it stopped functioning for a bit, but pulling the batt would revive it for a while. Now, it won't even turn on (won't charge, won't work as a wired mouse either.)

I gave up since it just wasn't comfortable either - too small in the back.

Can anyone attest to the MX or the G700 as well?

The only wireless gaming mouse I have experience with , is the X8 . I had that same sticking issue as well . I ended up taking the cover off , & sanding down the button cover for the left & right click switches , paying particular attention to the inside where it contacts the dpi buttons & scroll wheel holder . I also lightly sanded the scroll wheel & dpi button holder on both sides . It sounds a bit complicated , but the whole process was completed in about a half hour . I mainly use my X8 at school now .

The Mionix is 130.84 mm , or 5.15 inches in length

Which would you say is the best mouse for large hands? Also, where does the Logitech G500 fit into this? I'm used to an old Logitech 510 mouse that I used for years and liked...(I need to pull it out again and see if I still like it's size - I assume the 510 and G500 are the same size? (are the 518 and G500 the same size?)

Edit: Wait a second...is the Kone available in the US?

Last edited:
I had a g500 once , for about a week . The size & shape is basically the same as the G5 , & probably the 518 as well. What I disliked , was the top of the mouse felt too slick , & the sides felt like sand paper . That's just me though . As for the Kone+ , it is available in the US , from either Medusa USA , or Performance Pc's . Both sell the Kone+ for about the same amount , & the shipping charges are about the same . Both cost & shipping are within approximately $10 of one another . Medusa USA is actually UK based . I ordered my Kone+ from Medusa USA . Price is $109.75 . I chose Fedex 2 day shipping for $15 . My Kone+ was ordered one day , shipped the next . With Performance pc's , the Kone+ sells for $104.99 . Shipping is USPS , & costs about $13 for Priority mail . Performance Pc's is based in Florida .

My opinion , I like both my Mamba & my Kone+ . I can use my X8 just as well , but isn't quite the same feel as my Kone+ or Mamba .

I had a g500 once , for about a week . The size & shape is basically the same as the G5 , & probably the 518 as well. What I disliked , was the top of the mouse felt too slick , & the sides felt like sand paper . That's just me though . As for the Kone+ , it is available in the US , from either Medusa USA , or Performance Pc's . Both sell the Kone+ for about the same amount , & the shipping charges are about the same . Both cost & shipping are within approximately $10 of one another . Medusa USA is actually UK based . I ordered my Kone+ from Medusa USA . Price is $109.75 . I chose Fedex 2 day shipping for $15 . My Kone+ was ordered one day , shipped the next . With Performance pc's , the Kone+ sells for $104.99 . Shipping is USPS , & costs about $13 for Priority mail . Performance Pc's is based in Florida .

My opinion , I like both my Mamba & my Kone+ . I can use my X8 just as well , but isn't quite the same feel as my Kone+ or Mamba .

Ordered a Mionix because it looked a little better shaped for me, esp with the rest for the ring/pinky fingers.

Thanks!

Those both look tempting. Any one have a direct comparison between the Kone the Mionix and the G700?

Those both look tempting. Any one have a direct comparison between the Kone the Mionix and the G700?

Can anyone say whether the G700 is a "taller" mouse than the Mionix? If so, I think I'll pick it up. The Mionix is a nice mouse...but with my being 6'4" tall...well, I can't buy the XL version :p

With smaller hands than mine, it's a great palm mouse. With my hands...it's on par with the X8 I think...but with the rubberized feeling I like.

Back