• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a NF4 chipset cooler

Waffles730

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
136
Hey all,
I have an Asus K8N-DL, recently purchased, working fairly well except for one thing: the northbridge fan is horribly loud and whiney, especially when the onboard smart fan control kicks in and it throttles down a notch or two. I want to replace this thing ASAP, which normally wouldn't be a problem, except that the northbridge is in line with the PCI-E x16 slot for my graphics card. Here's a pic of what I mean:
http://usa.asus.com/products/server/srv-mb/k8n-dl/k8n-dl_l.jpg

I need something short to cool this thing because my 6600GT runs right over the fan. Pretty much any PCI-E video card will run over it. The tallest the cooler I can put on it is about 14mm.

If possible, I want one that is low RPM and pretty quiet but still moves 10CFM or so. I did a few hours research and saw the old Themaltake Orange Orb, said to be good back a few years ago and I was getting ready to buy it, but it's so old no one sells it any more.

Any help? This thing is annoying the hell out of me!

Thanks
 
Back
Top