looking for a new router Dist

cytech

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I currently have an Alix 2d3 (500Mhz Geode, 256MbRAM, 2Gb CF card) with DD-WRT X86 installed on it attached to a 50/10Mb VDSL and two home networks.

eth0 - WAN
eth1 - IPTV net
eth2 - computer net

I'm looking for a new distro which has the following:

Decent web interface (I don't mind using command line for a bit of stuff but its nice to have a good webinterface as well :))
IGMP Support (this is a must as we have IPTV)
Good QOS/Traffic shaping abilities
it must be stable

as a side note it does not have to support wireless as I have a seperate AP for this.

the main issue is something which will suport IGMP Multicast, I was looking at PFsense due to its QoS capabilities but it seems they don't support IGMP :(

any sugestions?

Edit:
alos forgot to add that it would be nice if it supported openvpn client although not a must.

I don't know of anything that supports IGMP that will run on that hardware. You could always use pfsense or monowall and set it to disregard or pass the IGMP packets

Haven't become familiar with IGMP multicast....doing a quick search doesn't show much at PFSenses forums. While poking around my current install of PFSense 2.0 in troubleshooting some IPSec problems I'm having with Alpha 2, I stumbled across a Services drop down menu option for "IGMP Proxy".

Perhaps it will now be supported in the upcoming 2.0? Perhaps it's worth your time to give PFSense a try?

aye i may do if its in now, my last info was not supported. will pick myself up a second CF card this weekend and have a look

D-link DIR-655? Not sure if it has QoS though.

oops just noticed OP was looking for a software , not an actual router :(.. sorry can't help out on this one :(

well after a fair bit of digging in the pfsense forums, its been confirmed that the 2.0 alpha igmproxy doesnt work properly ( at least not with the t-home packet i have) the search continues :D

Back