Looking for a new mouse.

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
I am currently looking for a new mouse, I am useing a MX500 at the moment, and it is really showing its age. I have looked at alot of mice lately and I am rather surprised at the prices. Seems you can't get any quality mice for less than $50. I am considering the following mice:
Logitech G5 new version.
Logitech MX1000 (if I can find a new one for a reasonable price.)
Microsoft Sidewinder (don't laugh, I actually think it would suit me fine)
Razer Deathadder (like the mouse but have heard of alot of driver issues)
Logitech G9 (I really don't think I can see myself paying $100 for a corded mouse, even on sale its $80.)

Now I am an avid gamer, I am not really good at alot of the games I play but I have fun playing them. I play WoW, BF2, ET:QW mostly. I am not good enough to see any gameplay improvement from a highend mouse, but I do like one that is comfortable, glides smoothly, and isn't jumpy. I aint a sniper, I am more of a Spray and Pray type of gamer. in BF2 and ET:QW I like to play the recon position with the scoped rifle, I don't go for headshots, just try to get as many shots as I can from a distance before the guy sees me.
I have really gotten use to having 2 thumb buttons and they are a must. I was really hoping that the Logitech G7 would be redone like the G5 was.

So what do you all think would be a good mouse for me?

Get a MX Revolution @ amazon.com for $48 if you sign up for the chase credit card or just simply wait for rebate... I think newegg just sell them for $48 after $20 MIR just a week ago...

Anyway, here's why I recommend it to you, because it has more buttons than G5/G9 (Look at G5 only one side button, how do you go back/forward when surfing the interet???), laser, wireless, and best of all rechargeable! This is the best mouse I ever use since MX518, I personally can't live w/o the extra side scroll (up mid down buttons), I frequently use it for firefox browsing, up for close tab, mid click for switch between tab, and down for unclose tab!
And if you install UberOptions (specially modifed setpoint driver that enable locked settings specially design for logitech mouse), you can customize every buttons base on the application/game you are running!

Take my word for it, once you try the MX Revo, you can't use any other mouse :D

EDIT: O and look at this recent post c how happy he is with the mx revo, free wheel is another great feature about this mouse that I almost forgot, the best scroll ever period!

I am in china, as I konw, here are many mouse, good quality but the price is lower:p

I love the MX1000 to death, super comfortable and it only needs recharging on its cradle like once a month. Also, I highly recommend buying Logitech - if anything ever happens to your mouse down the road (within like 3 or 5 years, depending), their support is awesome and will take great care of you.

I have an MX1000, but after 2.5 years, the battery is not what it used to be. And the fact that it needs a wall outlet too is annoying.

Anyway, I just purchased a G9, I'm sure it will be a great mouse.

The SideWinder and the G9 were what I was really looking at. The G5, though great, seems a bit dated and not worth the $70 in store - NewEgg currently has it for $55 and $15 rebate though, so that could be worth it. The SideWinder looks really cool (specification wise, that is!) and has some features no other mouse has like the one button turn around in game - which doesn't seem like it would always work, but would be cool still. The G9 has tons of features and looks pretty cool, and since it's Logitech, it was hard to turn down.

I really like the 518, too.

i'll add to this motion. i've had mine for a few years and i absolutely LOVE it. also, like mentioned before, it isn't too expensive. in all honestly, find one that is comfortable for you though. go to best buy or wherever you can actually put your hand on some and see how it fits you.

I have a deathadder I love it however it is incompatible with some MB so check the Razer web page before ordering. Excellent for gaming but its right hand setup only.

Carter

Im looking for mice and started looking at the 518's you guys suggest.

Thing is..I can get it locally at Target for $39.99. Kind of beats Amazons $48. Just a heads up OP.

I move from 518 to MX Revo, the free wheel feature totally beats the cruise control scroll, $40 vs $48, you tell me :cool:

I move from 518 to MX Revo, the free wheel feature totally beats the cruise control scroll, $40 vs $48, you tell me :cool:

Are you talking about the "notebook" version of the Revolution? If not, where did you find it for $48.00???

no notebook version is call MX Nano, I bought my mx revo in amazon with rebate and the 30 dollar off offer, so total I paid is $18 :D

If you want a cheap but high quality mouse, go for the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. MS put them back into production due to high popularity. All the pro's use it. It never skips. It's really all you need. :)

Back