Looking for a new laptop

Kaitian

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking to buy a laptop for school but not a netbook. They're nice but I'm not looking to get a netbook.

My budget that I'm putting down for a laptop is going to be about $1200 give or take.

I previously had bought the Dell XPS M1530 off Dell Outlet but gave it to my dad to use for his own purpose with the intention I'm going to buy another laptop.

I was looking at the Dell Studio XPS 16 but I'm not really set on this option. MSI a while ago announced the GX733 however release date is unknown so that's out. Honestly I just want a sleek looking laptop but with alot of capability to do whatever I'd like to do especially doing wireless snooping (since I'm a Computer IT student with an emphasis in network security). The M1530 wouldn't allow wireless snooping because of the restricted firmware in their wireless chip.

I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

Have you checked out the Dell M4400 or E6400?
They are very good laptops for the money

An older Gateway FX6860 may be a good option as well since they are quite powerful and very inexpensive.

The repair time for MSI is usually a long while. For a college laptop you may want to stick with Dell or lenovo, since you can choose a warranty where you can get parts replaced the next day.

K-TRON

I have a pretty much brand new Dell p7805u for sale.
Used it like 5 times to play wow thats it. 1920x1200 res 17" screen.
Has a very nice belkin laptop bag, logitech nano notebook mouse, and a rocketfish mousepad.

The thing is just sitting here in the bag mint condition and I never use it... PM if interested

This laptop can do just about everything, play games, watch movies, wireless, HDMI out. Sounds like exactly what youre looking for

Back