Looking for a new game?

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, i've been playing counter-strike: source since the day of it's release, and the original counter-strike since 1.3. I haven't ever since picked up another game which caught my interest as counter-strike did. After years of playing it, and actually gaining interest for video games once again, i'm searching for another game with similar qualities that i'd enjoy playing.

I'm mainly into fps realistic style games, and appreciate using guns which exist aswell as characters that depict what is currently in the real world. On the flipside i've never once enjoyed games fiction style games, such as half-life, unreal tournament. I hate playing with "monstors" and using lazer beam guns.

Also, I appreciate the story mode just as much as online play.

Games i've liked are CSS, farcry, cod, all the gta games.

Any games you guys would recommend?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 and soon Battlefield 3. You might want to give Team Fortress 2 a try even though it's not realistic at all.

ARMA 2 and soon to come out ARMA 3 are heavily based on reality. I couldn't get into them myself though.

Stalker, Metro:2033, Fallout 3:NV with mods, Red Orchestra 2, wait for BF3, or try the ArmA series out.

I was in the exact same boat. Loved CS, stopped for a while, then picked it back up.

I got a copy of Homefront for free from a contest on these forums, and really enjoy the mulitplayer. It took a bit of getting used to, but it is a blast.

I am getting excited for BF3. I missed out on BF:BC2. I tried playing it but just got raped since everyone else has been playing it for so long. I could probably get better with some practice, but with BF3 right around the corner I can wait.

Back