Looking for a new case

sMiLeYz

Limp Gawd
Ok, i have an old Praeton case made by coolermaster, I realize its a little too small and a bit beat up. Originally got this for taking to LANs, but since I outgrew that phase looking for bigger ATX case. I don't really need server case but I would like it to be decent sized.

Cliffs
1. Need a bigger ATX case.
2. I need the case to be black, red is also cool.
3. Perfer good air circulation, and lotsa fans.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure how big your current case is, but the Antec 900 is mid-to mid-large and has lots of fans.

However the color scheme is black with blue LED fans. But you can change out those fans for reds if you so choose. You can usually pickup the 900 for like 100 dollars when deals are going around.

If you have over $300-400 check out lian li...
Good old A70 is actually decently priced compared to most aluminum full towers and takes longest graphic cards and asks for some more:
http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/pro...133&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=61&g=spec
http://www.nordichardware.com/skrivelser_img/532/A71_20.jpg
If you need more cooling for memory/CPU area of motherboard just attach normal fan to slots in vertical pillar for this and for additional expansion card cooling there's this:
http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/pro...ex=232&cl_index=2&sc_index=34&ss_index=83&g=f.

Depending on how much you want to spend.
I'm a fan of the CM series and the Antec line. Will post it with the NewEgg links, but you'll be able to find them cheaper probably. For some of the CM line, I'd even suggest getting the refurbs. $45+s&h for the 690 isn't bad. I've received two myself and they look great!

From least expensive to most expensive (Case cost / S&H)
Cooler Master 690(89.99/Free)
Antec 900 (109.99/21.76)
Cooler Master HAF 932(149.99/24.99)
Antec 1200 ($179.99/Free)
Cooler Master Sniper($179.99/24.99)

The Sniper has air filters, where the HAF 932 does not. Anyway.. Those are the "new" cases that I'd get. The Cosmos S is a good one too, but the side panel/fan has issues, so I'd stay away from that. The sniper does have a fan, but the side of the case is actually pushed out so it will fit.

Another prop for the Antec 1200. Very well made, excellent design, lots of fans, lots of helpful included extras. Some complain that the stock fans are too loud but I find them highly tolerable. And for what it costs, it's a great value.

If you can find the cosmos s on sale it is a great case.

I am selling my Zalman GS1000 and is a very nice case. Lots of features.

Good luck.

I just built a rig in the CM 690 and like it so far. Its on the big end of a mid-tower, but quite a lot of room in side and 5 internal 3.5" slots (tooless) and 5 external 5.25" slots (also tooless). It has mounts for 5x 140mm fans (or smaller) and 2x 120mm fans (or smaller) and 1x 80mm fan. Comes with 3x 120mm fans.

An interesting case that doesn`t get noticed too much is the Tuniq 3.
It comes in silver and black version. Check it out on newegg

Although it's more server-sized, I am very happy with my HAF 932....it is so quiet and moves so much air. I shut down my side (230mm) fan and only noticed a 1 degree rise in idle temps....load temps were only a few degrees higher but still very cool.

Back