Looking for a netbook with a scrolling touchpad...

Kuyt

Gawd
Just need something with a touchpad that has up/down scrolling. Any suggestions?

All of them? In fact, any laptop or netbook? Or, at least, all models equipped with Synaptics pads (and other manufacturers too)?

Unless you wanted a real scroll wheel.

all of the acers with a special driver can 2 finger scroll

lenovo's thinkpad netbook can too, afaik.

Do you mean multi-touch scrolling or simply a scroll 'area' on the side? Im pretty sure all models have the area on them these days.

Do you mean multi-touch scrolling or simply a scroll 'area' on the side? Im pretty sure all models have the area on them these days.

Yeah, scrolling on the side with just one finger. Don't need multi-touch or anything like that.

Yeah, scrolling on the side with just one finger. Don't need multi-touch or anything like that.
Have you ever tried two-finger scrolling? It's much more convenient IMO because you can do it anywhere on trackpad without having to look down to find a small area of the trackpad to use for scrolling.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm pretty sure all netbooks have single-finger scrolling areas. Netbooks came out in like 2007 and later, and by that time single-finger scrolling was a very standard feature.

Does it support 2 finger right click like macbooks or n-trig models?
I also heard the wacom capacitive isn't very sensitive (i.e. no light touch so you have to press hard compare to n-trig)
How many finger support (I'm hoping for at least 4)?

(Sorry wrong thread, please move to HP TM2 thread, thank you)

Back