Looking for a Multi-function laser printer

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I am looking for a Multi function color lazer printer, that can scan, photocopy, fax, ADF, duplex printing and scanning support WIFI Connectivity. I was impressed with

MFC-L3735CDN​

But its High running costs shocked me. Can you recommend something that has low running cost?

unless you move up to business class the fax require is going to be hard to meet. maybe xerox or ricoh. cost is probably up on this one due to age.

3rd party toner will end high running cost.

That will eliminate small Xerox machines though as last time i tried one with 3rd party toner it didn't work. They don't like fusing 3rd party toner to the paper properly.

HP and Brother work fine with 3rd party toner.

For newer HPs, you may need to make sure to keep the original counter chips from the toners as 3rd party ones aren't readily available yet. The toner carts usually come with the tools needed to remove the chips from the old toner carts.

I'm in the same boat, looking for a laser printer that can handle it all, and it will be the last printer I ever purchase...

https://www.brother-usa.com/products/mfcl2750dw#

I bought that last year as my BIFL laser printer. It ships with the standard low level sample-size toner quantity that you'll have to replace fairly quickly, but I put the high yield cartridge in there and am hoping it actually lasts as long as it is rated.

The print/scan/copy functions have all been flawless since purchase. I did my research on this one and I recommend it at this point.

Another upvote for Brother !

After my last inkjet died about 3 years ago, I bought the MFC-L3710CW to replace it, and haven't looked back since...does everything I need it to, no fuss, no muss :D

I do a moderate amount of copying/printing/scanning (but no faxing, which I have been doing online for a long, long time) and I've only replaced the color toners twice and the black one 3 times since the starter ones that came with it ran out...

The only thing it lacks that I could occasionally make use of is the duplex printing/scanning, but IIRC, that can be added by buying an upgraded module...

Another upvote for Brother !

After my last inkjet died about 3 years ago, I bought the MFC-L3710CW to replace it, and haven't looked back since...does everything I need it to, no fuss, no muss :D

I do a moderate amount of copying/printing/scanning (but no faxing, which I have been doing online for a long, long time) and I've only replaced the color toners twice and the black one 3 times since the starter ones that came with it ran out...

The only thing it lacks that I could occasionally make use of is the duplex printing/scanning, but IIRC, that can be added by buying an upgraded module...

I presume high toner cost is with color laser printers,

I presume high toner cost is with color laser printers,
Yea, the initial cost is higher, but the ones I bought for my machine last week run $65 each for the colored ones, and $58 for the black one (@da 'Zon), but even so, they last way, way longer and/or print way, way more pages at much higher quality than any inkjet could ever hope to...PLUS there are ZERO worries about them drying out or clogging up the "print nozzles" if not used for a while, which wastes a sh^t TON of ink to clean/re-align/restore to operational status in the process...

Back