Looking for a MiniPCI Bluetooth/802..11 card

Case

Weaksauce
there are tons of laptops that come with them, lots of information and press releases about these cards but I am yet to find one other than the propritery MSI one... Any sugestiosn to who makes them or even better some linkage?

So far i have still had no luck finding a combo card to add bluetooth and 802.11 to a notebook.

I too have been looking for such a card for my laptop, but they weren't as common as I thought.

Well there was a Blue802 card that did both but this was before the the revision of the bluetooth spec back when the 2 bands interfered with each other. But now i see many internal bluetooth cards that are internal USB but that does not help me but seems like thats what most new laptops that have both are doing.

But im sure they exist but some obscure named tiwan company jsut havnt found it yet. MSI makes one but only for thier 2 of thier laptops wont work with any other system.

Tekara said:
Random Stuff:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=MP54GBT2&class=com[/quotte]
Alert: This Card is MSI's Proprietary Design for MS-1013, MS-1029 and MS-1036 ONLY!!

Tekara said:

This may be Doable I actualy have a Dell M50 Workstation laptop and im going to start looking for data sheets on the motherboard to find a possible place to conenct USB onboard... as this is the tresnd to do but im not looking to solder because this would void my parts and labor contract... I call and say SEND ME THIS they send it over night as told :)

w1retap said:
Might want to look into this..
http://www.pugetsystems.com/store/item.php?cat=Accessories&id=3471&com=d41d8cd9

It doesn't mention anything about being proprietary, so do a little research and hopefully it works out.

You might have found it :) trying to figure out a part#/model# so ican find out the bluetooth version to make sure its not a Blue802 card if it is no go its the old spec... If not ILU and now i need to find some one that has it in stock :)

ill keep you guys posted on what i find..

Back