Looking for a Micro-sized DAC/AMP

FireBean

Gawd
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to locate a HDMI in/out DAC with AMP that is roughly the size of a pack of playing cards. I can go larger if needed. Anyone happen to see what I'm looking for? I found plentyof HeadPhone Amps that are ok but nothing with a HDMI passthrough that will read the audio and output it.

Purpose:
I'm working on minimizing my living room's entertainment area. I got an oDroid C1+ that replaced a bulky mATX setup. Now, the C1+ only has HDMI audio out and I'm looking for something that can take that singnal and output to my speakers. It does not need to power a Sub or surrounds since they self-amplified. But the L/R & Center are Klipsch speakers.

The ability to control each channel's output would be very beneficial as well but I can always make my own "resistor" controller :D

Klipsch Synergy F-20 Premium Dual 6.5-Inch Floor-Standing Speaker

Polk Audio AM1582-A CS1 Series II Center Channel Speaker

|Tch0rT|

[H]ard|Gawd
As far as I know there's nothing like that in the size you want. The smallest thing I know of with a HDMI input, DAC, and amp would be the Marantz Slimline receivers but there's usually aren't any line level outputs for the surrounds.

FireBean

Gawd
Ok, I can get the audio to analog via an HDMI Extractor. Pretty Cheap...

Now, all I need is some kind of 2.1 amp that is really freaking small, does not cost a ton and has good quality sound.

(Pick two I guess)

FireBean

Gawd
I have an update. I ordered the following and will let you all know how it turns out. Should have it monday. It was a little but more than what I wanted to spend but should get the job done.

http://**************/1QP1g01
http://**************/1Tr2y6c

rhouck

2[H]4U
I have an update. I ordered the following and will let you all know how it turns out. Should have it monday. It was a little but more than what I wanted to spend but should get the job done.

http://**************/1QP1g01
Amazon.com: Portta PETDTAP Digital Coax and Optical Toslink to Analog Audio Converter: Electronics

I've been wondering about a setup like this as well. The items you posted looks like they'd work for me (as I could use optical out), though curious as your original post said you wanted to do it via HDMI out.

FireBean

Gawd
Sorry, I should clarify. My TV's output is Optical Audio only and I have my Chromecast plugged into the TV. Then I just take the optical to that small box, then to the amp and boom, power. This amp is able to power the speakers to the point to where I cannot hear my wife screaming at me to turn it down. :D

Last edited:

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
FireBean, do you get real digital sound from this? Can it handle DD and DTS? I have been looking for a setup like this for my new TV setup. Soundbars are expensive for what they are :)

Pop_

n00b
Hi FireBean..The Creative Soundblaster X-FI HD is the premium Audiophile class DAC/Amp, that is come across all your requirements. An USB audio device with phono pre-amps that's TrueStudio Pro technology works wonder with your Computer. X-Fi HD also has HDMI in/out features, and also supports wide range of I/O connectivity for variety of gadgets.I hope this meet well with all your needs. The size is also mere 1.5 times of a Zippo lighter.Their is more such product you can find out further.

For more related information check the Article "Top 9 Best USB DAC under $300 : For Audiophiles".

Last edited: