Looking for a Large 16:9 Freesync Display

Gref

n00b
Hey Guys,

I'm coming from gaming on 42 Inch TV. I love the real estate it has but I really want freesync. I'd be willing to drop to a smaller display but not too much as it also doubles as my living room TV where I watch movies and YouTube on. I would like a 16:9 40+ inch monitor that supports Freesync with LFC. I do not want an ultra wide monitor because it has compatibility issues with games and media.

I've seen the Wasabi Mangos but they seem pretty sketchy and their freesync ranges are too low for LFC.
I have my eye on the HP Omen 32" but I cannot find any confirmation of anyone opening up the HZ range with CRU enough for LFC.
I've found plenty of 16:9 40+ inch monitors in shopping but none that support freesync with LFC.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Do any 75hz Freesync monitors even support LFC?

If you're considering the Omen 32, you could get one of the curved 31.5" 1440p 144hz VA models that do have LFC, as well as much higher refresh rate.
Currently the C32HG70, AG322QCX(Europe only until the holiday season), or the Viotek GN32Q (US only) are available. The Philips 328M6FJMB and Asus XG32VQ are also on the way

Reactions: Gref
like this
Hey Mokkat,

Wondering how I did not come across these earlier.... weird. Anyways thank you for those recommendations they are all good, and all 16:9 thank you! My searches were plagued with ultra wide monitor results it seemed like that was the only monitor style anyone makes anymore. I might rock one of these while I wait for a 16:9 40 inch freesync to come to market. Not a fan of curved displays but it is not a total deal-breaker like ultra-wides are.

In my searching I went as far as to reach out to companies that build custom monitors to see if they could make what I want. Like these guys Accuview, unfortunately my volume (1 monitor) was not enough for them to justify the R&D on their side to make a freesync monitor. =(

Do any 75hz Freesync monitors even support LFC?
I have not seen one but I think some would be out there. Freesync requires the minimum be 2X less (2.5X recommended) than the maximum and LFC should kick in automatically. So a monitor that does 35 - 75 HZ will have LFC.

Back