Cyber Akuma
Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2009
- Messages
- 666
Somebody recommend I post this question here instead of General Hardware.
The capture card I have in this computer is a complete piece of trash that can't do anything right.
I have been looking for a device that can capture from component for ages, but I only found two, a PCI-E card that costs $350 from a company called Black Magic, and a $250 or so standalone device meant to stream HD sources from one place of the house to another, but apparently had a built in HDD to record too that I saw at Frys.
So for the time being, until more options are available (and I build a desktop with hardware designed in this century so it can actually handle a PCI-E card.... or HD video period) I am going to have to make do with SD video.
Now....... my desktop still sucks, but my laptop is decent at least.
Which is why I am looking for a USB based device that can capture video from composite. I know there are several out there, but I have no idea which ones are any good, and what, if any, features they support.
This is why I am asking for recommendations.
Can anybody recommend for me a good video capture device that can capture video from composite and connect to a PC by USB? Preferably something under $100 if possible, I don't have a lot on me right now.
I will probably be capturing in Huffyuv for the purpose of keeping the CPU free so there will be no framedrops and then encode it with a codec (likely Xvid or h264) after the capture process is complete.
The capture card I have in this computer is a complete piece of trash that can't do anything right.
I have been looking for a device that can capture from component for ages, but I only found two, a PCI-E card that costs $350 from a company called Black Magic, and a $250 or so standalone device meant to stream HD sources from one place of the house to another, but apparently had a built in HDD to record too that I saw at Frys.
So for the time being, until more options are available (and I build a desktop with hardware designed in this century so it can actually handle a PCI-E card.... or HD video period) I am going to have to make do with SD video.
Now....... my desktop still sucks, but my laptop is decent at least.
Which is why I am looking for a USB based device that can capture video from composite. I know there are several out there, but I have no idea which ones are any good, and what, if any, features they support.
This is why I am asking for recommendations.
Can anybody recommend for me a good video capture device that can capture video from composite and connect to a PC by USB? Preferably something under $100 if possible, I don't have a lot on me right now.
I will probably be capturing in Huffyuv for the purpose of keeping the CPU free so there will be no framedrops and then encode it with a codec (likely Xvid or h264) after the capture process is complete.