Looking for a good RPG

CBR

I Show Old Ladies My Dick Wrappers
What good RPGs are out these days? I haven't been in the gaming scene for quite a while now, but I've been itching to get into a good RPG. I've looked around a bit, but nothing quite strikes my fancy from what I've seen. Anyone know of something decent that'll run on my laptop?

1.6 Turion X2
1GB RAM
GeForce go 6150.

**I'm not looking for WoW, Guildwars, or ANYTHING of the like. I'm really only looking for a good single player campaign to play.

nvn 2...what a joke id rather play part 1..oblivion is nice but very epic and two worlds looks nice..how about a classic game of fable:the lost chapters?

What good RPGs are out these days? I haven't been in the gaming scene for quite a while now, but I've been itching to get into a good RPG. I've looked around a bit, but nothing quite strikes my fancy from what I've seen. Anyone know of something decent that'll run on my laptop?

1.6 Turion X2
1GB RAM
GeForce go 6150.

**I'm not looking for WoW, Guildwars, or ANYTHING of the like. I'm really only looking for a good single player campaign to play.

With that system, if you haven't played it, I'd say neverwinter nights and its expansions.

i dont think many new ones would run on integrated graphics well or at all unfortunatly.

It seems my options are limited. I really wish I could have a desktop, but given my current situation, a laptop is the only logical solution. Still, for $200, I think its a decent system...

What I'd really like, is something like FF7. Might pick that up as well, but I'm hesitant given its quirky nature on XP.

Not really anything in the way of jRPGs on the comp, i however will second or third or whatever the NWN1 suggestion. A near endless supply of entertainment there with all the community content that is available for it.

Along with NWN, I'd suggest KotOR as well as Divine Divinity. Both should play fairly well at those specs.

Dragon Warrior 4 Better than all mentioned and uses very little resources.

If you haven't played them or played them recently, you might want to consider the classics:

Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 plus expansions
Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Fallout 1 & 2

All are now dirt cheap and all should run on your system, though you will have to play around with getting them to display correctly on the laptop depending on the LCD aspect.

I second the above recommendations. All of them will play pretty well on integrated graphics. I just replayed Deus Ex on my Latitude D620 and it ran very well.

I'd also go with NWN1 & the Baldur's Gate series... some others to consider are:

Diablo 1 & 2
Final Fantasy Series

If you haven't played them or played them recently, you might want to consider the classics:

Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Fallout 1 & 2

All are now dirt cheap and all should run on your system, though you will have to play around with getting them to display correctly on the laptop depending on the LCD aspect.
And there you have it. That's about 300+ hours of quality gaming that will run on any system right there. And it'll only cost you about $60 or so total.

And there you have it. That's about 300+ hours of quality gaming that will run on any system right there. And it'll only cost you about $60 or so total.
http://www.gogamer.com/Forgotten-Re...VproductId11744277VVcatId444792VVviewprod.htm

Picked this up just so I had them all on DVD. Nice collection and a good price for several months worth of gaming. Pick up the Fallout collection for $30 while you're there and you shouldn't have to worry about anything else to do for the next few months ;)

Forgot to add, Planescape:Torment is available there also, but try Ebay or similar and you can sometimes pick it up for less than $10.

Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Fallout 1 & 2

+1

They're getting a little dated but once you get into them, they're awesome. Especially Fallout and Baldur's Gate.

Definetly Baldur's Gate and Fallout (and the sequels).

Old but great games.

http://www.gogamer.com/Forgotten-Re...VproductId11744277VVcatId444792VVviewprod.htm

Picked this up just so I had them all on DVD. Nice collection and a good price for several months worth of gaming. Pick up the Fallout collection for $30 while you're there and you shouldn't have to worry about anything else to do for the next few months ;)

Forgot to add, Planescape:Torment is available there also, but try Ebay or similar and you can sometimes pick it up for less than $10.
Oh man, I'm so tempted to buy this, and still have most of these on CD. That's an awesome find.

I picked up Fallout and Fallout 2 years ago for $10 total. That price is likely still to be found somewhere. Such a great deal.

Back