Looking for a good leather executive chair..

RandysWay

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys. I'm in need for a nice leather executive high-back chair in Black. I want something that will last and isn't cheaply made. My price range is $300.00 - $400.00. If you guys have any suggestions I will highly appreciate it.

My current chair was supposed to be "100% Leather." What a joke. The seating area is leather but the sides and the back is Vinyl. Plus, the polished wood on the arm rests is just a print. How ridiculous.

Again, thanks in advance.

Randy

I'm never going to get leather agian. It won't let you breath and mine also was one of those from office max for cheap and fake. It gets nasty and sweaty.

If I could get any chair , I'd get a herman miller Aeron. Check ebay, these things are sweet. their website has videos on these if ur interested

Yes

AERON is THE CHair

go on ebay and buy an Herman Miller Aeron Chair

get from a Authorized Dealer

You be happy for life

oh god, those aeron chairs suck so much. they are so uncomfortable. we have a few of those at our office and i can't stand them.

st4rk said:
oh god, those aeron chairs suck so much. they are so uncomfortable. we have a few of those at our office and i can't stand them.

You serious? Where do you work, must be a nice place to afford these. Tell me why they suck so much. They seem like the God of all chairs and have so many options

I've been real happy with this chair, though you can likely afford something nicer.
http://www.officemax.com/max/soluti...xpansionOID=-536879621&prodBlockOID=537148135

If you have a chance to swing by an Officemax with one out on display I'd suggest sitting it in to see how you like it. I found it more comfortable than the $200+ chairs in the store. I guess it comes down to preference.

It's held up very well over the past 6 months with no real signs of wear or cracking.

I've seen those Aeron chairs but they look so uncomfortable. The back looks all metal and the chair looks flimsy, especially for the price. Not to mention the low back.

Can anybody tell me what the back is made out of it? Metal or something? How would it be comfortable?

Thanks.

Nice chairs at relaxtheback.com, I really like my backsaver chair...

MaMMa said:
that link doesnt work outlaw :eek:

oh, that's because I suck then.

Search officemax's website for "2932" and my chair will show up. sorry about that

The aeron chairs are so uncomfortable. It provides no cushion for your back or bottom, and after about 10 minutes you can't stand it anymore.

leather is so much nicer because they are cushioned and its like sitting on a couch.

maybe its cuz i'm young and i like to slouch and stuff, but if you are worried about sitting with poor posture, and want to sit in a cool looking chair, then get an aeron.

the only cool feature of the aeron is that if some person sits in it for a while, they do not warm the seat. which i find extremely annoying when someone uses my chair at work and the seat is war from their body heat.

Thank you, st4rk. Now, can somebody please recommend a good leather executive chair? Anywhere than officemax, officedepot, staples, costco, walmart, kmart, etc. Thanks guys!

what else is there.............

JLH5WY5JBLMQ13200372247.jpg

How ridiculous that people still need slain animal flesh to fulfill their petty needs.

Oh nice one! Let us know how it is once you have a bit of time in it. I'm getting ready to add some more padding to my leather chair seats to hold me till I return to the US.

Just to let you guys know, there is more to a chair than softness of the cushions. May I suggest reading a few of these documents.

http://www.hermanmiller.com/hm/content/research_summaries/wp_Deserves_a_Good_Chair.pdf

http://www.hermanmiller.com/hm/content/research_summaries/wp_Body_Support.pdf

Of course I realize these are published by the Herman Miller company so if you think they are written to promote their products then feel free to ignore this post. My personal opinion is that tthey are well researched articles that everyone should read before buying any kind of chair.

Different chairs fit different people, depends on height, weight, duration of setting. You should go to officedepot or officemax and sit in the chairs to get a feel.

Having owned leather chairs, fabric chairs, and mesh chairs (all cushioned), I MUCH prefer the Aeron. It's like sitting in a hammock.

If you just sit in the Aeron for a few minutes, you might not really care for it, but if you're in it for hours at a time...you can't beat it. No more ass-sweat and back-sweat!

My cushioned chairs all broke down over time; the pnuematics started going out, cushioning became less firm(I could feel myself sitting on wood, not foam).

I've had the Aeron for over a year now; all the other OfficeMax chairs I've used have broken down over 1 year's use. Other than adjusting the arm height on the chair once a month (it drops about a 1/4 inch after a month's use), the chair's worked flawlessly.

Just make sure you get it in the right size. the Size A and B are very uncomfortable to me, but Size C is perfect.

Back