Looking for a good Desktop wireless adapter

Oohah

Weaksauce
Hello,

I'm looking to connect my PC to a wireless router and was wondering what type of wireless adapter would work best on a desktop computer. The distance between the router and desktop computer is about 20 feet so I'm looking for something reliable that will give me a steady connection.

I would also like some suggestions on a good, reliable wireless router.

Thanks for replying! :eek:

i put a pci wireless card in both my sisters computer and they work fine. i know they make a usb one but not sure how well those work.

as far as a router goes alot here like the dlink655. i beileve. i would just get the same brand wireless card as the router even though different brands would work.

I have not worked on these in years (because I've finally found a solution that works and is stable), but I've had great luck with Hawking PCI wireless cards. I've had a dlink "b" card that worked well. I've had a WG311v1 and WG311v2...both sucked pretty hard...stay away. I've also not had the greatest of luck with Linksys "G" USB adapter... Most of my problems were the result of the card and router renegotiating the connection speed, when that happens, I/O is really hampered. I even recorded what was going on with my WG311v2 card: Data Recording

i've been running my Hawking rock solid for the past 4-5 years.

Back