Looking for a good computer sound system.

Uberbob102000

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
2,243
I was looking for a good computer sound system and I would like any suggestions.
5.1 or greater is preferred because I am a gamer.
 
Get a digital receiver like a panasonic XR-57 (the xr-58 is coming out soon) do a bit of research on bookshelf speakers on audio forums and audioreview.com. I use Axiom M3Ti's myself and I'm soon going to add 2 more for quad surround. As for sound card I would hold out and get the auzentech prelude since it will allow you to have EAX effects for games and give you the whole package. Other cards can do 5.1 over digital in games(X-Mystique, Razer Barracuda etc) but they lack EAX and game effects. Creative cards currently suck for digital out. You have to buy a separate decoder for 5.1 in games, which costs money, and also introduces ridiculous amounts of latency into the sound. To put it into perspective they provide EAX effects for 2-3x the price of any other sound card but if you want what any other sound card provides (optical out, 5.1 etc) you have to buy special upgrades for more money. Creative are a bunch of greedy bastards.

I guess you should really mention your budget and stuff though. My recommendations are coming from the perspective of a person who is more of an enthusiast than joe average but also wanting to get the best for my budget. (which is to say somewhat expensive but not approaching what some special people are willing to pay for audio equipment :D)
 
Back
Top