• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a good cheap photography software

Motley

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
2,497
Hi I'm looking for any free or real cheap photo editing software. Photoshop is way too expensive. I just want to put simple borders on my pics, and maybe a little touch up.
 
Excellent! Thanks guys...

I just tried Picasa by Google. Not bad, but no way of adding borders to pics. So I'm gonna try that gimp out.
 
lmao... I like "gimp shop". Really cool stuff there for free. I got the borders going on my pics now, which was what I was looking for.
 
Oh... the hilarity of selective quoting.

Good luck with that gimp! :D

I had to read this twice before I got it, then I fell off my chair laughing! All I could think of was "Pulp Fiction"..... bring in the Gimp!
 
I use Corel Paint Shop Pro. It does what I need and was simple to learn.

Wow, I like that one. I was actually just checkng out the Corel Photo Impact X3, but the one you have looks way better. Like the depth of field tool. Sweet. :cool:

Gimpshop/Photoshop is too much learning curve. I need something simple too.
 
The problem with The GIMP is that Photoshop is actually better value for your money, despite the GIMP being free.
 
+1 for PSPro. Corel has some really powerful inexpensive software.

Just purchased Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, love it. Really simple to use, and lots of features. But they don't seem to support RAW files for my Canon G9?? I sent them an email support asking why the other G series is supported, except for G9. hmm:confused:
 
Back
Top