Looking for a good analog 5.1 to RCA adapter

_cashel

[H]ard|Gawd
I found this from Logitech and it seems like it'd be perfect. The problem is I don't really want to have to get it online unless it's from Amazon (I have a gift card) where it isn't in stock, and I can't seem to find it at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. Does anybody know of something similar that I could pick up from a brick and mortar store, I'd like to get this as soon as possible.

edit: What I'm wanting to do is to hook up my Klipsch Promedia 5.1s to my TV. I know I'm not going to get "true" 5.1 surround sound, all I want is sound from all 5 speakers and some decent bass.

Certain Logitech speakers can use that connector becasue they have a built in hardware "matrix" button
if you had the PC close you could hook the TV to the line in then use the soundcar to upmix th sound to 5.1. this is probably the easiest way to get what you want and won't involve extra hardware.

Certain Logitech speakers can use that connector becasue they have a built in hardware "matrix" button
if you had the PC close you could hook the TV to the line in then use the soundcar to upmix th sound to 5.1. this is probably the easiest way to get what you want and won't involve extra hardware.

So I can't even use the Logitech? The pc option is out of the question b/c I only have my macbook pro with me right now. I'd like to hook the speakers up to the TV with no computer involved whatsoever.

You may beable to I am just saying it'a a combinatin of that adapter and the Matrix button on those speakers. I am unsure what type of sound you would get if your were just using the adapter with NO matrix involved.

Back