Looking for a firewall for Vista

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
We all know the built in firewall in Vista only works on inbound traffic. So, what are some suggestions on on firewalls for Vista. I've googled and really haven't found much...especially no freebies...Zonealarm doesn't work :eek:

You shouldn't need an outward sniffing firewall unless you're one of them 'UAC iZ aNnOYinG! I tuRnzOR It OFF...' people...

The Vista firewall is rules-based now and works for inbound and outbound connections. It might behoove you (love it when I get a chance to use that word) to do some research into how it works and learning the rules system since it's MUCH better than the XP firewall and highly competitive with most any third party version you'll find.

Yeah outbound rules can be found under Administrative Tools/Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.

Hmmm...then there must be a lot of mis-information people and web sites out there, because everything I've read so far says the firewall in Vista only does inbound traffic :confused:

But you are right...I'm looking at where it's show outbound rules...who knew...lol!

Thanks!

I will have to say I've played with the outbound stuff for a few minutes and it doesn't seem to be as user friendly as say ZoneAlarm. It never gave me a pop up and ask what I would like to do...it just did what was programmed. :(

I didn't see that it was going to let you set things by individual programs or apps...you must just create a rule.

Back