Looking for a dual port GigE Nic

Liquidkristal

Supreme [H]ardness
Ideally with TOE / iSCSI functionality, for our training / test setup in the office (ESXi 5.1).

I have a couple of HP NC380T's in my home setup (ESXi 5.0, iSCSI MPIO storage) however my colleague has found this article: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...=1155257&prodTypeId=329290&objectID=c02984379 saying that the broadcom drivers are not supported.

my home setup is more than happy with the NIC and sees it as a storage adapter as well, does anyone else use this card (its on the VMware HCL for 5.1 and 5.1u1), or are there other suitable alternatives out there that.

Broadcom is a steaming pile. Just get a used dual port Intel NIC off ebay. They can be found for about $40-$50. TOE for iSCSI doesn't really provide anything anymore now that we have such fast CPUs.

Looking for something that can act as spares if required on new builds, the Intel I350-T2, good / bad?

awesome, I'll get a few ordered tomorrow.

Does esxi recognise them off the bat or do drivers need to be installed / setup

If you aren't sure about parts, you can always refer to the VMware HCl too, helped me when I was looking at getting the asrock extreme 11 z77 board. With hba's, also check the controller they are based off of.

Back