Looking for a desktop case...

jbmx4life

2[H]4U
I am looking for a decent desktop style case (LAYS FLAT) for a build for my mother. I can NOT use a tower due to space restriction. I am NOT looking to build some gaming monster with dual 8800GTX's or any crap like that either. I am NOT looking for the "WHY this?" and "WHY that?" questions either. Here are the following requirements:

ATX/mATX or anything really (I will accomodate)
atleast a single external 5.25"
atleast a single external 3.5" (she still uses floppy disks)
something with a decent PSU included or something that I can put a decent PSU into
(^^ if the PSU is not included please link to a recommended one)
single internal 3.5" is fine

If a decent PSU is already included the price can be a bit higher but if the PSU is NOT included then I would like something a little lower priced so I can get a PSU.

I love the look of the lian li desktops, like this but it might be more than you want to spend.

THIS looks really good, and it's cheap too.

entropism said:
I love the look of the lian li desktops, like this but it might be more than you want to spend.

THIS looks really good, and it's cheap too.

Yeah the Lian-Li is way too pricey unless it included a PSU. I looked at the second one you linked also and it doesn't have a place for a 3.5" :( . Having a bay adapter wouldn't look to keen with a button right below.

gilga said:
i have been wanting this case for a HTPC project, but I think it looks really nice even for desktop pc. The pics on newegg make it look like a tower but its a desktop the way the drive bays are oriented

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811204007

One might think that it is a desktop style but if you look closer at the pics it is actually a tower. There are fans and vents on one side and there are the external ports and a vent on the other side. if you lay it down one way or the other you are going to be limiting something or other.

L1ght said:
My vote goes here

Antec PSU's rock, and their cases are pretty good to.

Yeah I was looking pretty intently at that one. Looks like I could get a drive bay adapter into that case and it wouldn't look too bad. From the reviews tho the PSU seems questionable. I have used Antec PSU's in the past w/o probs, so IDK there...

Back