Looking for a dependable printer

apim

Weaksauce
I've been using the HP 3600n now for 10+ years. The printer is extremely reliable and meets all of my demands. However, they no longer offer OEM toner for these printers. I've never tried aftermarket toner. I'll be giving that a shot before switching printers, but I am curious if there are any printers that you can purchase new or used that compare with the HP 3600n AND still offer brand new OEM toner. My requirements for printers are below:
  • Drivers: light driver... I want all of my preferences/settings to be controlled through the printer interface included with Windows 7 and not through some printer application.
  • Toner: I want 4x toner cartridges for CMYK
  • Network: must be able to do network printing
  • Trays: At least 2 trays. 1x for regular paper and 1x for misc paper, like 11x14 paper.
  • Service/Maintenance: something that has low-to-no service/maintenance requirements
  • Price: I always purchase used, so for new, I'd cap the price at $2,000 and for used, I'd cap it at $500. Basically, if anything new is recommended, I'll wait 2-3 years to purchase it for $500, but I'd rather know about it now because it may be forgotten about by this forum in 2-3 years as new printers hit the market.
Any help on this is much appreciated. Thank you in advance for all reply's.

Why spend thousands of dollars when you can buy a Brother Laser new?

1500 pages/month for $229:

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-L3230CDW-Providing-Wireless-Replenishment/dp/B07FMYYXZD

And 3000 pages/month for $299.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-L8260CDW-Business-Printing-Networking/dp/B06XDS1XW7

Every Brother Laser I have purchased over the years has survived until I have needed to upgrade it, and you can find spare parts all over Amazon.

They use 4 CMYK toner carts.

I'm currently using the predecessor to the HL-L3230CDW for six years now, with the only issue being a little feed error (fixed rollers, now works fine). I've printed over 10k pages.

I have never had to dig through the Brother Printer Drivers when changing Page/Printer Properties (I only use it for scanning)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back