• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a compact amplifier for Xbox 360

NickJames

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
6,698
I need something small that will accept RCA input and output 3.5mm stereo, standard wire bindings would be nice too so I can hook up some speakers incase. I use my Sennheiser HD555's with my xbox 360 using an RCA to 3.5mm adapter but of course the audio isn't amplified and rather low, so I think it's about time I get something. I tried doing Optical In through my X-Fi Titanium soundcard but can never seem to get it to work.
 
budget?

approx size needed?

Around the size of a wireless router? Could be a little bigger if it's got the right inputs/outputs. I don't want some massive home theater box since this is going in my room and I don't want such a huge system when it will be used for something relatively small.

Budget? Nothing crazy, I am not an audiophile. Just need something to get by with. I don't care for high quality sound coming out of my xbox 360. But I don't want something cheap that will fall apart in a year. $50 range, maybe a little less?
 
i use an rca to 3.5mm to run my xbox into a fiio e5 headphone amp to power my audio technica cans, its super tiny, about the size of one of those new ipod nanos. Works great. I would like an astro mixamp but dollars being an issue, this works just fine for 25 bucks and its much smaller than the astro.
 
That looks like a nifty little device. Yeah the A40 is way too much for too little. I would like to find something with speaker outputs if possible.
 
Back
Top