Looking for a Colo in LA with GREAT support

Hi there,

I wasn't too sure where to post this, so please move it if you need to.

I work for a small IT company that also runs a hosted CRM application. Right now the site is hosted by Rackspace and consists of 2 servers and a firewall. Our price is upwards of $1500/mo for this set up. We KNOW we pay a lot, but uptime and fast support are VERY important to us and I have not found any company with support levels as good as Rackspace.

Now, we also have our own rack at our office for our internal use as well as email, monitoring, etc.

We're looking for a Colo that offers a half rack in Los Angeles, but the important part for us is the service level. Even though we are in IT, we rarely have time to manage our OWN servers. We're looking for a company that can monitor our servers for us as well as perform tasks like restarting an app pool or restarting IIS if needed, etc. Uptime is VERY important to us, so the monitoring needs to be proactive on their part.

Anyone know of any colo's that offer this sort of support?

I worked for an IT company that only proactively maintained servers that were in our rackspace. Another colo that I would get called out to was managed by the owners of the server. Only when they needed physical hands on the server were we called out.(reboot, install RAM, hands on troubleshooting)

Cogent and Metro Data Pathways were the ones I've worked with.

I know there is one in LA.. ill have to get in touch with a friend since she runs the place pretty much.. heck i even passed up an offer to work there.. wish i hadn't :(

Back