Looking for a CMTS router.

Mopower

Gawd
The company I work for has about 30 cable internet customers. We are using an ancient Cisco UBR7111 for the CMTS router. It needs replaced for obvious reasons. I do know know anything about CMTS routers. I'm kinda having trouble finding a suitable replacement online.

Is anyone familiar with these and would be able to point me in the direction finding a replacement. Like I said it's only for 50 customers max using DOCSIS 2.0 modems. So obviously the cheaper the better. It has to be new unit though.

If you 're interested in staying Cisco you may want to see if you can find a new 7246VXR. With that chassis you can even populate it with MC88V line cards for D3.0, if you wish. On the Arris side I'm aware of their C4 platform, but I'm not sure if they have anything smaller.

Both platforms are near end of life, end of sale, but you should be able to get support on them for another five years or so.

I have a friend who has been a fan of casa. They do have some smaller units.

We had good luck with our Casa, sadly though we had to remove it as there were issues getting it working properly @ Docsis 3 speeds, but for 2 it worked well. Like wise it replaced our UBR as well.

We had good luck with our Casa, sadly though we had to remove it as there were issues getting it working properly @ Docsis 3 speeds, but for 2 it worked well. Like wise it replaced our UBR as well.

What are you using now? We're looking into possibly replacing our 10k with an Arris E6000. Casa C100 is a maybe

even at used prices that are around, how do they expect to make any money with only 30 clients?

even at used prices that are around, how do they expect to make any money with only 30 clients?

Because the company I work for does more than just provide cable internet to a town of 250 people.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Back