Looking for a cheap Playstation 2.

Fixall

[H]ard|Gawd
A co-worker of mine who is in a rough patch was looking for a playstation 1 for her son. I remembered a Playstation 2 in storage and offered to give it to her (I speak from experience when I say a gaming system means the world when you grow up poor and can't go outside because it's always raining in Washington, lol). Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it. :(

I definitely don't want to let the little guy down, so I'm on the hunt! If I can't find one here in the next few days I'll head over to Ebay/Amazon and pick on up there.

Thanks guys!

I can prolly do $40 plus shipping. Controller, and wires included. Shipping is coming from hawaii.

If I don't come across something cheaper in the next couple days, I'll definitely get back to you!

Any chance you have any games for it?

Last edited:
I have a Playstation 2 that I'd be willing to give away for the cost of shipping. The unit technically functions, but it's doing this thing where it's having trouble reading Playstation 1 games without "warming up" for a few hours, and unfortunately that was all I used it for. The only Playstation 2 game I have for it is Shadow the Hedgehog. I'd be willing to throw in Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Origins along with all the memory cards I have, but chances are it will be a pain to get those games working due to the disc drive issue. DVDs still play fine, though, if that's an issue. I also have some component video cables for it.

It's kind of in an awkward place where I know I'll never use it and don't want to put effort into fixing it up, but I don't really want to throw it away either because it still functions.

I have a Playstation 2 that I'd be willing to give away for the cost of shipping. The unit technically functions, but it's doing this thing where it's having trouble reading Playstation 1 games without "warming up" for a few hours, and unfortunately that was all I used it for. The only Playstation 2 game I have for it is Shadow the Hedgehog. I'd be willing to throw in Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Origins along with all the memory cards I have, but chances are it will be a pain to get those games working due to the disc drive issue. DVDs still play fine, though, if that's an issue. I also have some component video cables for it.

It's kind of in an awkward place where I know I'll never use it and don't want to put effort into fixing it up, but I don't really want to throw it away either because it still functions.

This might be the winner. :D From what I've read, it sounds like the drive is probably starting to go out... Has it been decently reliable for PS2 games (I don't want it to fail to soon as I don't think they'd have the means for a replacement)? She was originally looking for a PS1 when I told her I had a PS2 in storage so I'm not sure if she already has some PS1 games her son planned on playing, I'll find out!

Looks like the backwards compatibility is important as she received a bunch of free Disney games for PS1. :( I'm going to give it another day or two to see if anything pops up and if not then I'll probably go with Krazy's offer.

If you're willing to let Shadow the Hedgehog game and a memory card or two go for cheap, I'll take those off your hands though! I didn't even cross my mind to pick up a few games to go with the system, lol.

Last edited:
bah I tossed a couple PS1's away over the last year. One was even modded. I knew I'd never touch them again and they wasn't going for much on ebay. Wife got tired of looking at them in storage and she decided to let them go. I didn't say much lol. Bump for you

I've got a PS1 for sure I'd be willing to offload WITH some games and 2 controllers, in pretty decent condition.

$40 shipped with games

You can buy used 360's for about $50-60 and the games are easier to find compared to PS2. Or maybe go for a Wii (only issue is Nintendo games don't depreciate much).

I've got a PS1 for sure I'd be willing to offload WITH some games and 2 controllers, in pretty decent condition.

$40 shipped with games
You can buy used 360's for about $50-60 and the games are easier to find compared to PS2. Or maybe go for a Wii (only issue is Nintendo games don't depreciate much).

She already told her son he's getting a PS2 so I'm going to stick with that system so as not to disappoint (although he is like five or six and probably wouldn't know the difference, lol). Thank you though!

I am about to head off to work, but I can probably get ya fixed up.

I'll PM ya when I get home tonight.

If I knew what happened to mine, I would totally send it to you for free with my games, It seems to have disappeared when I moved a few months ago though :(. If I come across any games, he can have them. Best of luck on the hunt OP, sounds like it's for a good cause!

I am about to head off to work, but I can probably get ya fixed up.

I'll PM ya when I get home tonight.

That would be awesome, thank you. :)

If I knew what happened to mine, I would totally send it to you for free with my games, It seems to have disappeared when I moved a few months ago though :(. If I come across any games, he can have them. Best of luck on the hunt OP, sounds like it's for a good cause!

Haha yea... I think the same may have happened to mine. Thank you though!

Sorry for the delay Fixall , I am on call this week and naturally it was frigging crazy last night and this morning. :confused:

I am digging through my ole stuff now man. Just wanted to let ya know I haven't forgot. :p

Bump.

I'd also like to pick up a few ps2 games on the cheap if possible. Something that a 4 - 6 year old could play.

Hey man, if that falls through let me know. I think my PS2 (I barely used it, and is prolly still sitting somewhere). Dusty but should still work AOK. I'm in DC but I'm guessing you're in the other Washington, right?

Totally free - just shipping. I have corporate fedex so it's likely going to be pretty cheap.

Hey man, if that falls through let me know. I think my PS2 (I barely used it, and is prolly still sitting somewhere). Dusty but should still work AOK. I'm in DC but I'm guessing you're in the other Washington, right?

Totally free - just shipping. I have corporate fedex so it's likely going to be pretty cheap.

That would be most excellent as I haven't heard from Stinger in a couple days. I am indeed in Washington state but would be more than happy to cover shipping. :D

That would be most excellent as I haven't heard from Stinger in a couple days. I am indeed in Washington state but would be more than happy to cover shipping. :D

Been slowly going through my crap...........Moved a couple months ago so everything is still a mess. LOL. I haven't ran across the PS2 as of yet. Not sure where I put it during the move. :shy:

If dvsman is able to locate his and get ya a smoking deal on shipping for sure go with that as I'm not sure when I'll find the one that I have. Working 6 @ 10hrs doesn't leave me much time for anything. :(

Totally slipped my mind last night. I'm at the office right now for another hour but I'll check when I get home tonight.

Just a followup - I found it. PS2+coaxial TV adapter+vertical stand+game shark+memory card+stock PS2 controller+aftermarket PS2 controller with fast or slow speed control and lastly the power adapter+cord.

I would test it but I don't have any TVs that have a coaxial connector anymore but it worked fine when I last put power to it. I'll clean up the dust with some wetwipes when I get home this evening and post up some pics. Problem right now is I don't have a box to ship it in, so scrounging around the office to see what will fit everything without being too big / upping the shipping cost needlessly. PM me where you want it shipped. Might be a day or two before I can get to it but this weekend at the latest. Once I have the dimensions / shipping weight I can get you a Fedex quote.

Just a followup - I found it. PS2+coaxial TV adapter+vertical stand+game shark+memory card+stock PS2 controller+aftermarket PS2 controller with fast or slow speed control and lastly the power adapter+cord.

I would test it but I don't have any TVs that have a coaxial connector anymore but it worked fine when I last put power to it. I'll clean up the dust with some wetwipes when I get home this evening and post up some pics. Problem right now is I don't have a box to ship it in, so scrounging around the office to see what will fit everything without being too big / upping the shipping cost needlessly. PM me where you want it shipped. Might be a day or two before I can get to it but this weekend at the latest. Once I have the dimensions / shipping weight I can get you a Fedex quote.

Yay!! Thanks a lot man! I'll PM you the info when I get off of work tonight.

The box with alot of bubble wrap around everything is about 9-10 pounds. I'll let you know on Monday after I get your address how much it'll cost to ship.

Back