Looking for a Cellular Network Analyzer/Tester

doomtomb

n00b
I'm looking for a type of device that will test and report ALL cellular network signals from my location.

You can download an app on your phone to report your signal strength (-dB) for your provider. My provider is Verizon, but the signal to my home is very weak. I suspect there is a Sprint tower nearby (I called the cell tower operator, no return call). But I'm more interested in testing for all cell signals (T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, so on) to my location. Does something like this exist? Is it illegal? I picture something like this:

spectrum_analyzer_aaronia_spectran-hf_6.jpg

There are such devices to jam all the signals, so I'm sure there has to be such a thing to detect them.

Sorry, unsure of any tool that lets you do what you are asking, but if you are merely looking to get good signal in your home, as long as you have a decent internet connection, you can opt to get a Femtocell. All the major carriers in the US offer this, and if your phone is paid for by your workplace and they have a decently sized account, they can usually get these from the carriers for free. If not, I think they cost under $200, but don't quote me on that. Anyways, they are essentially mini portable cellular towers for the carriers that use your internet as the backend into their network.

Back