Looking for a case with good GPU room

Breath_of_the_Dying

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I'm close to getting all the new parts for a comp and the biggest thing holding me back is finding a good case. I'm looking for something with good cooling, and lots of space for a video card. I'm going to pick up a 4890 for now, but plan on Crossfiring some 5800s next year.

I'm hoping to stay under the $80 range. Here is my list of parts

ASUS P6T
Core i7-920
Corsair 750HX
Corsair XMS 3x2gb
HIS 4890 1gb
2xWD Caviar Blacks (undecided on size)

Thanks!!

My CoolerMaster HAF 922 has tons of room for a big ass video card. I could easily fit at least three 5870 cards in it. You can score a 922 for under $100 if you shop around.

If you are planning to spend upwards of $500+ on your video cards, I would suggest you fork out a little more than $80 for a case...

Were you planning to W/C in the future? I assume with your budget you're looking for a mid-tower. In that case I could recommend the NZXT Beta (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146059&Tpk). Nice case, and it fits a 295 with no problem, and room to spare.

My CoolerMaster HAF 922 has tons of room for a big ass video card. I could easily fit at least three 5870 cards in it. You can score a 922 for under $100 if you shop around.

Those are exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!!! I noticed both have the PSU at the bottom. I've never had that before in cases I've used, but it doesnt look like it will cause heat issues. I found the 922 new on Amazon for $90 so it seems like a good deal.

Edit: No plans to WC unless heat becomes an issue.

If you are planning to spend upwards of $500+ on your video cards, I would suggest you fork out a little more than $80 for a case...

Could be. I've never put much thought into cases but it seems like good design doesnt drive up prices, name and flare does. So I dont mind if my comp doesnt look as crazy as other cases, as long as everything fits correctly and stays cool;)

I'll probably buy my first 5800 card when they drop below $250 and my second when they breach the $200 mark. A 4890 will tide me over for a good while until nVidia comes into play to drive prices down.

Back