• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking for a case, where to look?

MastaKilla

Gawd
Joined
Mar 2, 2001
Messages
562
Hey guys, im building myself a new system. Its gonna have an a64 3200+ s939 chipset , 6800gt.. etc.

Anyway, im stuck on the case. Im willing to spend no more thne 150 bux on a case/psu combo. Im gonna be overclocking as well.. so i supose i need a case with good cooling capabilities. Does anyonw know of any review sites for just cases.. or anyonw have any recomonendations for a good case? Your help would be great apreciated!
 
Just spend time searching newegg. Most of the popular cases will have multiple reviews for them on the lefthand side of the page. It's hard to suggest someone a case because everyone is different but I recently got a CoolerMaster Praetorian and wow, it is amazing. It runs a little hotter than my Dragon which was 29-30 idle, it now runs aroud 31, but it's MUCH quieter. Other cases that I've heard good reviews about are the Lian Li PC65's, almost the same airflow set up at the Praetorian so it'll cool well.
 
I had some cooling problems and I bought a Cooler Master Centurion 5, and it dropped my temps like crazy. I know my cheap old Raidmax case wasn't that good, but I wasn't expecting a 15C-20C drop in CPU temp.

Antec also tends to be pretty good, and their PSUs are nice too. Never had a problem with any of their cases.

I also like that newish Thermaltake Tsunami, might have gotten it myself but it was a bit out of my price range at the time.

Anyway, just look around newegg and see the reviews on there, and then just search for reviews on Google when you find a specific case that catches your eye.
 
strebor said:
I had some cooling problems and I bought a Cooler Master Centurion 5, and it dropped my temps like crazy. I know my cheap old Raidmax case wasn't that good, but I wasn't expecting a 15C-20C drop in CPU temp.

out of curiosity, which raidmax case did you have?
 
I read somewhere recently that Antec power supplies have some issues with some of the newer hardware. So just a heads up on that.
 
I had a Raidmax 268WB series case.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-018&depa=0

Personally I think the case you have is great, but if you want a new one, the one you're looking at is nice too.

Just to mention though, you can get that Cooler Master case cheaper at Newegg (and faster shipping too), only 5 bucks cheaper, but Xoxide is charging over $30 for shipping compared to $16 from the egg. Save $20 total.
 
Well I hope you dont plan on getting a case/psu combo especially for overclocking. Just a note ;)
 
Back
Top