Looking for a case like my TJ03 that can tall i7 heatsinks

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
I just upgraded the guts of my trusty old Silverstone TJ03, and was kinda pissed to find that I the Zalman CNPS10X I bought was too tall, and I couldn't put my door back on. Annoyed, I ran back to Fry's and returned it for a different brand, and came home to find that this one was also too tall. I fear my trusty TJ03 may be too narrow for today's modern heatsinks. As a result, I'm looking for something that looks like it, but is wider and thus can accomodate these heatsinks. I need something that is brushed aluminum, has a door, and generally looks very elegant and refined. Any suggestions??

I've got my eye on the Coolermaster Stacker 830, it's not quite the look of the Silverstones and Lian Li's, but it still looks very refined and clean, and seems to be very functional.

The 830 while old in comparison to many cases popular today is quite good. I keep wanting a new case but just can't get over how good mine actually is.

definitely the A71, by far, and you can get it for 179.99 + tax if you have an MC close by.

edit: looks like the deal is over..back to 239.99 sorry :(

I picked up a 3rd generation Stacker 830 SE in Silver today. I'm looking forward to it arriving in the mail.

having an i7 myself, i built it into a cooler master stacker 830, great case, but the asthetics worn on me and i sold it, what i got was something ive wanted for a few years, a TJ09- you could get a TJ10, and still have the same trusty-ness of your 03.

I don't think that will fit the massive Prolima Megahalem I just bought. It's only a half inch wider than my TJ03, and the big heatsinks all stick out at least an inch or more.

Last edited:
It fits in my Lian Li PC-A05NB.

Picture001.jpg

Back