Looking for a back up app that deletes files from back up that have been removed...

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Ok so as I go through all my photos, I delete many that have been backed up. I have been using EaseUs backUp free edition to do differential backups.
I am trying to figure out, if I ever need to restore the backups...will I end up with all those files I deleted too or are those differential backups going to delete files from the main Full back up?

Thanks

It's not a backup if you haven't restored it :)

It sounds like you can browse the images, so that would answer your question?
https://www.easeus.com/support/todo-backup/image-tool.html
Sorry maybe I didnt explain things clearly. :)
What I mean is I have my Photo folder on my drive P. I am creating a Back up of that folder to a folder in Drive U so I can keep those files safe for clients and personal photos.
Now as I continued to edit photos from drive P or go through some of the photos and decide to delete many of the RAW files...how will that work when backing up to Drive U. Is the Differential back up going to check that for example Photo1 has been deleted and then remove it from my fullbackup or if I ever restore a backup, Photo1 will be back?
Hope that is a bit clearer lol

I did understand your question, but I've never heard of EaseUs before. Sending them an email with the question would probably get you an answer. They also have a live chat, you could coach the question in terms of purchasing a copy, but if you're using this in a professional capacity, shouldn't you already have a paid copy :)

BTW. I meant that if you can browse the backup images it creates, doesn't that mean you can check if it removes files you delete?

Back