looking for a all-in-one printer (other than hp)

zacas

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a good all-in-one printer that does a reasonable job on all fronts. I'm interested in one with quality hardware and software. I also want it to have the ability to be networked both cable and wireless through my linksys router. It will be for home use so i don't need a monster. I want to try to keep the price under $400. (print, fax, copy, do ok printing pictures).

I just tried out a HP officejet 7310. Costco had a nice $70 rebate on it so it was a great deal. To make a long story short the software is a joke. I spent 4 or 5 hours with tech support. I reinstalled the software several times on 2 computers which takes an hour to install and an hour to uninstall. Basically, yesterday, my mission was to get this thing to work, but I went to bed at midnight a failure lol.

So, it looks like hp has some problems on the software side that I want to avoid. Just wondering if any of you guys have experience with a good all-in-one.

I would recommend instead of getting another one..you should try some third party software

I like my brother all-in-one, which is connected to our internet, but I'm not sure if you can find one that is compatible with wireless. I know that I can access the printer from my wireless laptop, since it's all connected through our d-link wireless router/port.

thanks for the replies ... do you have any suggestion on the third party software ... my main problem is with the scanner ... my 4 year old scanner (hp 4400) did a much better job than the 7310 does ... the quality of picture is not as good and utilities software is very buggy and limited ...

I have been down that "all in one" road previously and will not venture forth again due to the headaches and compromises made (e.g. OP's software nightmare). Even thought they may take a little more space (null with creative placement), single purpose devices, a powered USB hub and wireless print server surpass the multis every day. Thanks for listening, now back to your original thread.

edit:
My best friend loves her Canon 8400F scanner.

Back