Looking for a >=27" 144hz monitor help decide!

ThatsAgood1jay

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking to finally get a dedicated 'gaming' monitor instead of using my Saumsung S32D850 for everything.

Parameters are

>=27"
144hz
WQHD resolution or greater
AMD Freesync (not a requirement, but a plus)

So far I've examined the spec sheets of these monitors:

MSI Optix MAG27CQ 27" VA Curved

Acer XF270HU

Dell S2716DG

ASUS MG279Q

(microcenter comparison : http://www.microcenter.com/endeca/C...1MjEyIDQyOTQ4NzQyODIgNDI5NDk0MTQ1NiZwYWdlPTE= )

The Acer seems like a front runner with a good price, IPS panel. The Asus is probably the best of the group with the most features, but it is $150 more than the Acer, and is it worth it?

or is there some other option I have not considered yet?

Thanks in advance for your input!

May be slightly controversial, but..

If you really want a "dedicated gaming monitor" as you say... and you have another monitor for other tasks (which you do), then you want a TN panel. The response times will outdo VA, and the lack of IPS glow will do wonders for dark scene gaming compared to IPS.

I'd only recommend a TN as a primary driver for a more serious gamer, but it looks like you have the S32D850 as a primary so I would recommend checking out TN panels for your dedicated gaming display. I have a BenQ XL2730Z which is Freesync, but I'm not sure if they make it anymore.

I have the MSI you listed. I like it so far. I play PC and XBOX X on it. I did have an ASUS 144HZ 1080P TN panel from 2013 and i hadnt really noticed any difference in response time but you may.

My first choice was the Samsung 27CHG70 but i decided to let 4K/HDR mature(and get less expensive). And the MSI was $150 cheaper at the time. I think it uses a samsung panel anyway(not sure tho)

ViewSonic VX3258 released last month. Its streeting for $400. I love mine since the gamma curve is true.

Back