Looking for a 21"+ 16:10 Glossy IPS

FishHead

Gawd
I can't seem to find one of these anywhere.

My room is typically pitch black so AG-coating is a major turn-off for me. Right now I seem to be limited to 16:9 and am looking at the Dell S2240M, but at ~$160-180 it seems to be a bit on the cheap-o end and just asking for problems like overshoot and bleeding.

I figured I would turn to [H] before I gave up and bit the bullet on the Dell.

There are several 24" 16:10 models without heavy coatings.

NEC EA244WMi , Samsung 850, Dell 2413 ... probably one or two others I am forgetting. They will have a light coating, but not glossy. If you want full on glossy at 16:10, I think the old 24" ACD may be the only one. You could probably find it on eBay if you really want it.

The Samsung may have bleed issues, and the Dell is widegamut, so probably not suitable for what you want.

And all of the Dell S series have overshoot problems.

I heard the current 2413's have pretty heavy coating now. The Samsung 850 is 16:9 and has unneeded extras like speakers that push it out of my price range. The NEC is also a bit on the expensive side and out of stock most places.

Are the S series overshoot issues bad enough to steer clear or are they more of a slight inconvenience? For a $200 price difference I'm willing to compromise if it's an ignorable problem.

I heard the current 2413's have pretty heavy coating now. The Samsung 850 is 16:9 and has unneeded extras like speakers that push it out of my price range. The NEC is also a bit on the expensive side and out of stock most places.

Are the S series overshoot issues bad enough to steer clear or are they more of a slight inconvenience? For a $200 price difference I'm willing to compromise if it's an ignorable problem.

The 2412 has a heavy coating, the 2413 doesn't, unless Dell bizarrely just added a heavier coating very, very recently. Although it is a moot point, as I doubt you want wide gamut. The Samsung 24" 850 is 16:10. The 27'er is 16:9.

And yeah, to many here, the overshoot issues are bad enough so they would recommend steering clear of them. I haven't seen one in person, so can't comment directly. It may depend on how big a gamer you are, and how much overshoot bothers you.

I don't really game that much these days, I'm more concerned with watching videos and workspace which is why I'd like a 16:10 with a glossy display.

I do game occasionally, though. The U2412 would be perfect if it was glossy like the S series, and I hear the S2340 is pretty blurry at 16:9 so I'd rather go for the conveniently cheaper S2240. Of course, then there's the overshoot issue with the S's.

I really wish my glossy 27" 1440p Catleap didn't die on me.

From http://www.panelook.com/
I think currently available 24" 1920*1200 IPS panels are
LG Disaply
E-IPS (w-led) ex: DELL u2414m, HP ZR2440
AH-IPS (gb-led) ex: DELL u2413, ASUS PA249q?

Samsung
PLS (w-led) ex: EIZO EV2436?, ASUS PB248q?

Back