• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Looking for a 2.1 speaker system

What're you looking for in the setup? Big thumpy bass or accurate sound? I would recommend the Swan m10's but looks like TAI finally ran out of stock on them so there's no getting them. I'd recommend a pair of bookshelves and possibly a sub (if needed). That's if you don't mind the size.

AV40 seem to be a budget king if you want a sub. There's also

Swan d1018
Swan m200mkii

All of these three won't actually need a sub unless you want deep, deep bass. They go pretty low and have more accurate mid's so you aren't getting bloated bass like on typical 2.1 setups.

Take a look at this sub if you absolutely want one TSC ASW-8

You could also take a look at some of these sets if you want something small, but still ok sound (small speakers will only be able to put out so much though).

With any of them, soundcard will play a huge role. What're you looking to listen to? Movies? Games? Music?

If your primary listening is movies/music, I'd recomment the Xonar DX. It's ~$55AR (check newegg and ZZF) and you can't really go any better SQ wize without bumping up to the $150-200 range.

You could also check out some of these, though I haven't heard too much about them.
 
Last edited:
Wow, thank you for such an informative response.

I have a creative xfi music audio card

Primarily i play games and listen to music.

I do not have much space and will have a 3 monitor setup with 2 of them tilted since i have no space left on my desk. So they will be behind the monitors most likely. that will probably greatly reduce quality huh? If you had to pick one of those for my uses, which would you pick?
 
You could try doing something like this guy did, making or buying some speaker clamps to get them off the desk.

If positioning them correctly or using some kind of clamps/stands to keep them off the desk isn't an option, I would honestly just go for headphones. The speakers won't really sound good if you've got a solid wall of monitors in front of them.

I would think about either finding some stands or clamps to use though. I'm sure if you post in that thread, people will have some ideas about the best way to do that.
 
So Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers aren't be best anymore? That's what I use. I'm no audio fanatic though.
 
So Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers aren't be best anymore? That's what I use. I'm no audio fanatic though.

I'd say they're better than Logitech, but that's not really something to be proud of, nor a big achievement.

I have the AV40s, they are great, and really blow the Klipsch away, you won't have as much bass unless you get a sub, but I am -perfectly- fine with the amount of bass the speakers give off themselves.

Or go with the other options listed above, neither is a bad option. D1080, M200Mkii, etc.
 
Back
Top