looking for 5.1.

Agashka

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
492
Hi, i currently have Logitech Z-640 , but i think i'd like something better. The 25w bass does a good job tho. Ive been looking into the Logitech Z-5500 and Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1

Im not an audiophile, my currents speakers sounds just good, but i'd like more bass. Sound quality must be equal or over the Z-640 and bass way over. Id like something cheap under ~250$CAD is possible. What would you suggest me?
I will listen music, play games and watch movies with these.
thanks
 
You would be usually advised to save and get some HT gear - Recevier and speakers BUT money is usually a factor in these decisions. I would say for that price your best bet is the Z-5500's. You can look at the 5300-e's but you might aswell get the 500 Watt 5500's
good luck with your purchase.
 
Please keep in mind that Logitech is pretty sketchy concerning their power rating practices. My advice is to reference their published power ratings, halve that, then halve it again. At this point, you'll have a more conservative and realistic figure.

Many pull the same nonsense (such as Sony), and Klipsch is one of them. I suggest you buy for features, aesthetic qualities and price. The Z-5500s will probably suit you just fine.
 
Point taken. I also tell people to go with HT quality gear if at all possible. Sometimes it just is not available for whatever reason so using one of these bigger sets will do until you can upgrade or if the suit you just keep them. Considering the price of these units you really are getting a great deal. I don't care what anybody says when they are set up PROPERLY they sound good. Always better to get a discrete receiver and speakers.;)
 
Haha, I was in the same boat as you were. I had a set of the z-640, and finally decided that I wanted more bass and crisper highs. I eyed the z-5300, even before I considered buying them, because I was impressed with the sound and bass.

I ended up winning an auction selling them, and I've very happy with them. The sound is much more crisp than the z-640, and the bass is much much deeper (bass control is a +).

The bass is huge on games and music, and it's only set at 50% bass (out of 100% on the dial). Playing .flac music files, you can really hear the higher tones that you probably would have never heard on the z-640.

Unless you're looking for higher end speakers, I highly recommend the z-5300 if on a decent sized budget.
 
Back
Top