looking for 3/8" id tubing (anything but vynil)

nando

2[H]4U
I've been watercooling for many years, but one of the worst things about my setups has been the tubing. Right now I have a water cooled dually P3 rig which has been my main PC for the last 2 years, but the tubing is garbage (vynil) and has all sorts of kinks that don't help flow at all. I'm planning on moving the dually machine to air cooling (I need it to be quiet) and using another computer in this WC setup with some peltiers I have lying around, but the vynil needs to go away first!

I looked in the WC "faq" and it mentions Tygon tubing. I remember that sillicone tubing was the reccomendation years ago, but really I'm just looking for anything but vynil. could anyone could point me in the right direction for some quality tubing that won't kink (or get soft when warm)?

Tygon is pretty good stuff, its soft and flexible, plus it can bend pretty tight before it kinks. It tends to be somewhat expensive and that is it's biggest drawback. Next up is Clearflex 60. It's middle of the line tubing and has nearly all of Tygons advantages, but isn't as bendy. There's another tubing on the market now, goes by the name of Primoflex. Danger Den sells this as their own. I have some in 1/2" flavor and it is very bendy and soft, it is also expensive and it has a pretty thick outer wall. It also comes in UV blue and UV green, as well as clear (my clear hose looks a bit cloudy and I got it brand new). Those are the top three kinds I see everywhere, there's probably a lot more, but I've only used those at some point in my experience. These start out soft and don't seem to "mushy up" under warmth. In my German system, I use Aqua Computers Plug & Cool hose. That bends allright, but it is very hard and doesn't get soft. I needs to be hard to work well with the pushfits though, it seems to be 1/4" only and I've never seen it in anyting higher.

Hope that helps. :)

Back